1. Could my dream DE opposite Super Mario actually become a reality? If you believe the words coming out of Kubes' mouth, indeed it could. I'll still believe it when I see it, though I'd have to think the Texans won't pay Anthony Weaver a base of $3,500,000.00 to be a backup. Then again, I thought the same thing last year about Flanagan and McKinney; we all saw how wrong I was on that one.
2. Consider Chris and I on the same wavelength when it comes to Ahman Green, though I think the argument noted by Andy in the comments there is legit. At this point, given the complete unknowns at RB, don't you almost have to roll the dice that Ahman can contribute? It's not like an Ahmanless backfield is that much more attractive (though it is probably better for the collective blood pressure of Texans fans).
3. I thought Jacoby Jones would be a shoo-in for a spot in the return game while pushing for time at WR. If I was Jacoby, I'd now be a bit worried that my inability, perceived or actual, to respond to coaching might put my spot as PR in jeopardy, to say nothing of reps at WR. Not saying Jacoby's in any danger of being cut; he is only in his second year. But I do think he's going to have to make real strides this season to stay out of Kubes' doghouse.
4. Does anyone believe that Chris Brown will actually get through the game in New Orleans without pulling, straining, and/or tearing something? I know I don't. And that's good news for Darius Walker and Chris Taylor. Steve Slaton has one roster spot sewn up, but it wouldn't shock me at all to see Kubes opt to carry both Walker and Taylor as insurance policies or outright replacements instead of a guy who's liable to get hurt putting his jersey on.
5. It's not all negative here, folks. I am positively geeked about seeing what Antwaun Molden can do on Saturday night. If Molden is what we hope he is, could the 2008 Texans secondary be like the 2007 Texans wide receiving corps--a huge concern heading into the season, only to become one of the strongest groups on the team as the season progresses? I think it well could be. How's THAT for some Kool-Aid?