I love the Texans. I can't help it. I really want to see them succeed. And now after watching them go 1 and 6 in their last 7 games, I keep asking my self "Why?" It seems that they have so many things going for them, but they just can't put it together. How do you have the league leading rusher, arguably the best receiver in the league, a very good QB, loads of 1st round draft picks on defense, and yet the only win in the last 7 games is against an absolutely pitiful Titans team?
What is wrong? What one thing has gone wrong? What one change do we need to make to see the wins start stacking up, instead of the painful losses? Is it the coaching? Is it the talent? Is it the personnel? Is it the play calling? Is it one or two players? Is it the secondary? Is it the O-line? WHAT IS IT?!
So I start trying to dissect the problem.... Well... Here's what I know...
- We always seem to start slow in the 1st half
- We seem to make good adjustments in the 2nd half
- We seem to have too many penalties on offense for false start type mistakes
- Opposing offenses seem to have fairly good success passing against us
- Our special teams have been nothing spectacular
- We seem to have really young players in key positions, including GM
- We have mismanaged the clock in key situations
But Wait!!! I am a fan! Why am I working so hard mentally to try to dissect the problem?! I don't get paid! I don't have any notable experience in running professional football franchises. All I can do is go to the game and try to give them a good home field advantage by cheering them on.
This is my team. I want them to win! I am pretty sure they want to win, so our objectives are aligned!
I guess I will keep cheering for my Texans to win. And even though they haven't gotten it done in the last 7 games, I am going to believe in them.
Bob, Rick, and Gary can worry about what it is going to take to get it fixed.
And (Please don't puke) I know 2011 will be our year! GO TEXANS!!!