A little less than a year ago, BRB recorded its one millionth unique visit. Sometime over the weekend, I'm pleased to announce that, thanks to each and every one of you who reads this, we passed the 2,000,000 mark. I'm going to try to minimize the sappy appreciative remarks, though I'm virtually assured of failing at that endeavor. I humbly ask you to jump with me anyway.
Back on May 30, 2010, I thanked several people for helping us get to our first million visitors. To the extent possible, I'm not going to repeat myself here. Except for right here, where I'll quote myself
because I'm an arrogant putz who likes seeing his own words repeated ad nauseam because I can't reallly say it any better than I did back then:
1. First and foremost, BRB wouldn't be anything without everyone who reads and comments. A sincere thank you to everyone who's ever passed through this corner of the internet, even if it was only a fleeting visit. The most monstrous thank you of all to all of you who keep coming back and make this community what it is. BRB is what it is because of the interaction between Texans fans, and I can't thank you all enough for keeping it fun to do.
On to the others who make this site great:
2. A huge thank you to all the guys currently writing here. Even when, you know, they're not really "writing" here. There's simply no way I could manage this place on my own and, far more importantly, the indisputable truth is that you gentlemen regularly transform ideas I'd never even have into unbelievably insightful work. I'm tremendously appreciative of all your efforts. The poor souls who join this crew have their work cut out for them.
3. Thanks to everyone who's ever had any of his or her thoughts featured here, be it by article, FanPost, FanShot, or comment. I like to think that one of the best things about this community is that everyone has a voice, and I am beyond thankful to anyone who takes the time to speak up.
4. My sincere thanks to everyone at SB Nation for giving us the platform and the tools to make BRB such an outstanding place for Texans fans to congregate.
5. Finally, I'd be remiss if I failed to thank Scott. He started this site with me, and we wouldn't be sitting here today if not for his efforts. Sure, he's become the nose tackle of BRB--invisible--since he moved to Kentucky, but his contributions have not gone unnoticed or unappreciated.
Thanks again to all of you. Here's to the next million.