Here are the highlights:
- We paid Dan Orlovsky a ton of cap money this season to beat us, and we'll do it again (cap wise, not beat us [hopefully]) to the tune of $2.2M in dead money.
- Speaking of dead money, Tim will be glad to hear Amobi will cost us $3.6M in cap space, and he still isn't old enough to drink.
- He doesn't think the cap, which apparently will be released soon since the season ended yesterday, will increase.
- We get money to sign our rookies outside of the cap, but our pool is based on where we draft, and may not be enough to cover signing all of them (he estimates $4.5M for the whole class).
- That leaves us with a bottom line of $25.6M of cap space, without releasing anyone.
What is the best way to spend Mr. McNair's money? And how much can we save cutting/restructuring some other players?
If Jacoby getting cut helps us to the tune of $4-5M, I think we can sign our big 3. We'd start the process with only 75% of our cap tied up.
One thing to note: you can rollover your money, and I hear 2013 is a big one, since we drafted well a few years back.