I failed to specify a time in yesterday's mock-draft post, but Titans fan and Bengals mock GM Deaconbrodie sent his pick to me before 4 p.m. yesterday. Unfortunately, it somehow got caught up in my spam filter. So, you know, he was battlin'. This one's on me. I need to put the mock GMs in a better position to succeed when they are battlefightin' like that. It's on me.
Anyway, who did the mock-Bengals select? Were they able to find a guy with question marks about his personal life and at least one red flag? The answer lies within!
Dre Kirkpatrick (CB--Alabama).
The pot-possession charges against Dre Kirkpatrick have been dropped. It's still a bad sign that he's hanging out with losers who put him in a bad position, so there are still character concerns with him. But, then, the Bengals haven’t had problems drafting possible character-issue guys in the past.
Considering the lack of depth, Leon Hall's health, and Nate Clements' age, it is essentially a foregone conclusion that the Bengals will select at least one cornerback in the 2012 NFL Draft. Kirkpatrick, along with Janoris Jenkins and Stephon Gilmore, has been a popular pick for Cincinnati in many recent mock drafts. While in the same discussion as the aforementioned Jenkins and Gilmore, Kirkpatrick owns the slight edge, as he is considered by many to be the second-best cornerback in this draft class behind LSU's Morris Claiborne. [Would you say he's Pro Ready? --Ed.]
I have nothing to add, mainly because the combination of his username and the player selected have caused Steely Dan to play in my brain.
The San Diego Superchargers are on the clock in the form of YohannDookeyBlue. Please have that pick to us by 12 p.m. today, and we'll get it up (heh) by 4 p.m. Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.
Your Up-To-Date Listythang of Mocktacular Draftification:
1. Indianapolis Colts--Andrew Luck (QB--Stanford)
2. Washington Redskins (from St. Louis)--Robert Griffin III (QB--Baylor)
3. Minnesota Vikings--Matt Kalil (OT--USC)
4. Cleveland Browns--Trent Richardson (RB--Alabama)
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers--Dontari Poe (DT--Memphis)
6. St. Louis Rams (from Washington)--Justin Blackmon (WR--Oklahoma State)
7. Jacksonville Jaguars--Morris Claiborne (CB--LSU)
8. Miami Dolphins--Ryan Tannehill (QB--Texas A&M)
9. Carolina Panthers--Quinton Coples (DE--North Carolina)
10. Buffalo Bills--Luke Kuechly (LB--Boston College)
11. Kansas City Chiefs--David DeCastro (OG--Stanford)
12. Seattle Seahawks--Courtney Upshaw (LB--Alabama)
13. Arizona Cardinals--Michael Floyd (WR--Notre Dame)
14. Dallas Cowboys--Fletcher Cox (DE/DT--Mississippi State)
15. Philadelphia Eagles--Riley Reiff (OT--Iowa)
16. New York Jets--Melvin Ingram (LB-South Carolina)
17. Cincinnati Bengals (from Oakland)--Dre Kirkpatrick (CB-Alabama)
18. San Diego Chargers-- YohannDookeyBlue
19. Chicago Bears--Fuzion
20. Tennessee Titans--Daniel Knick
21. Cincinnati Bengals--Deaconbrodie
22. Cleveland Browns (from Atlanta)--WreckNTexan
23. Detroit Lions--Mellowcheese
24. Pittsburgh Steelers--texanphil
25. Denver Broncos--Riott, La Voz
26. Houston Texans--BRB Staff
27. New England Patriots (from New Orleans)--NoSafetiesNeeded
28. Green Bay Packers--HabitualHoustonFan
29. Baltimore Ravens--MD.Texan
30. San Francisco 49ers--TexansDC
31. New England Patriots--NoSafetiesNeeded
32. New York Giants--DaGoaT