If you were on board the Titanic 100 years ago today, you'd have made a short stop in Cork, Ireland, to pick up more passengers before heading out into the open ocean. You'd also have had much better odds of completing your journey than this mock seems to have of completion prior to the real NFL draft. As the Edward Smith to Tim's J. Bruce Ismay, however, we're just going all-ahead full with this. /Titanic analogies
Enough of that. What we are all dying to know is who the San Diego Chargers decided to take, right? Cue the jazz flute and take it away, YohannDookeyBlue!
Shea McClellin (LB--Boise State)
San Diego needs pass rushing. They need a miracle defensive draft, much like the one we (Texans) had last year. So, lets go through the list, as I am about to pick a very unconventional (non-mock-draft-consensus) pick.
Nick Perry - More of a 4-3 guy. We're looking for a guy who can play every down and drop into coverage when needed.
Vinny Curry - I like him. Just not at #18. His production was excellent, yet it was in Conference USA.
Shea McClellin - Hmmm... Now here's a guy who has production all over the D-line, can drop back, has excellent film, excellent use of hands, and would be a starter day one. So with the 18th pick of the 2012 NFL Draft the San Diego Chargers select SHEA MCLELLIN, OLB, BOISE STATE.
Stay classy San Diego.
I've gotta say, the picks that are not the standard every-mock selections are really what make this interesting.
Up next are the Chicago Bears, represented by Fuzion. In an effort to get this thing back on course, it would be great if the Bears' selection could be emailed to me and Tim in time to get a post up around noon CST. Then --- spoiler alert --- I'll ask that Daniel Knick get the Titans' pick in to us in time for a 5pm post.
1. Indianapolis Colts--Andrew Luck (QB--Stanford)
2. Washington Redskins (from St. Louis)--Robert Griffin III (QB--Baylor)
3. Minnesota Vikings--Matt Kalil (OT--USC)
4. Cleveland Browns--Trent Richardson (RB--Alabama)
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers--Dontari Poe (DT--Memphis)
6. St. Louis Rams (from Washington)--Justin Blackmon (WR--Oklahoma State)
7. Jacksonville Jaguars--Morris Claiborne (CB--LSU)
8. Miami Dolphins--Ryan Tannehill (QB--Texas A&M)
9. Carolina Panthers--Quinton Coples (DE--North Carolina)
10. Buffalo Bills--Luke Kuechly (LB--Boston College)
11. Kansas City Chiefs--David DeCastro (OG--Stanford)
12. Seattle Seahawks--Courtney Upshaw (LB--Alabama)
13. Arizona Cardinals--Michael Floyd (WR--Notre Dame)
14. Dallas Cowboys--Fletcher Cox (DE/DT--Mississippi State)
15. Philadelphia Eagles--Riley Reiff (OT--Iowa)
16. New York Jets--Melvin Ingram (LB-South Carolina)
17. Cincinnati Bengals (from Oakland)--Dre Kirkpatrick (CB-Alabama)
18. San Diego Chargers--Shea McClellin (LB-Boise State)
19. Chicago Bears--Fuzion
20. Tennessee Titans--Daniel Knick
21. Cincinnati Bengals--Deaconbrodie
22. Cleveland Browns (from Atlanta)--WreckNTexan
23. Detroit Lions--Mellowcheese
24. Pittsburgh Steelers--texanphil
25. Denver Broncos--Riott, La Voz
26. Houston Texans--BRB Staff
27. New England Patriots (from New Orleans)--NoSafetiesNeeded
28. Green Bay Packers--HabitualHoustonFan
29. Baltimore Ravens--MD.Texan
30. San Francisco 49ers--TexansDC
31. New England Patriots--NoSafetiesNeeded
32. New York Giants--DaGoaT