Congratulations, WreckNTexan. Your selection actually made my jaw drop. Don't get me wrong. This guy's a fine player, and I'm a fan. Unfortunately for you, not everyone is as open-minded and flexible as I am, so you may hear it in the Comments.
Then again, you may not. If a mock draft pick falls in the forest but no one comments on it, does it garner a reaction? Think about that, and then jump.
After solidifying the running game with Trent Richardson at 4, it is now time to add a Weapon on the outside with 22. The Browns have no viable threats on the offensive side outside of Josh Cribbs, and he is more of a return specialist then WR threat. Richardson will change that. He gives them a HR threat out of the backfield. Next, they will need to get that 8th defender out of the box.
The pick is Mohamed Sanu (WR--Rutgers).
Sanu would be a good fit in this offense. He would be able to compete for the WR1 job right out of the draft and give Colt McCoy a reliable target on the outside. McCoy wasn't known for having the strongest arm, so getting a WR that can make plays in traffic would be a plus. At Rutgers, Sanu lined up in the Wildcat, taking direct snaps more then once, and he proved he can be elusive in the open field. While he may not have elite break away speed, it won't be necessary, as McCoy wouldn't be able to air it that deep.
Even with Alshon Jeffery and Kendall Wright still available, I feel Sanu is a better fit with what the Browns utilize.
React to WreckNTexan taking the road less traveled in the Comments below. The Detroit Lions and Mellowcheese are now on the clock, and that pick is due to MDC and I by 12 p.m. CDT today.
The picks thus far:
1. Indianapolis Colts--Andrew Luck (QB--Stanford)
2. Washington Redskins (from St. Louis)--Robert Griffin III (QB--Baylor)
3. Minnesota Vikings--Matt Kalil (OT--USC)
4. Cleveland Browns--Trent Richardson (RB--Alabama)
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers--Dontari Poe (DT--Memphis)
6. St. Louis Rams (from Washington)--Justin Blackmon (WR--Oklahoma State)
7. Jacksonville Jaguars--Morris Claiborne (CB--LSU)
8. Miami Dolphins--Ryan Tannehill (QB--Texas A&M)
9. Carolina Panthers--Quinton Coples (DE--North Carolina)
10. Buffalo Bills--Luke Kuechly (LB--Boston College)
11. Kansas City Chiefs--David DeCastro (OG--Stanford)
12. Seattle Seahawks--Courtney Upshaw (LB--Alabama)
13. Arizona Cardinals--Michael Floyd (WR--Notre Dame)
14. Dallas Cowboys--Fletcher Cox (DE/DT--Mississippi State)
15. Philadelphia Eagles--Riley Reiff (OT--Iowa)
16. New York Jets--Melvin Ingram (LB-South Carolina)
17. Cincinnati Bengals (from Oakland)--Dre Kirkpatrick (CB-Alabama)
18. San Diego Chargers--Shea McClellin (LB-Boise State)
19. Chicago Bears--Cordy Glenn (OG/OT--Georgia)
20. Tennessee Titans--Stephen Hill (WR--Georgia Tech)
21. Cincinnati Bengals--Mark Barron (SS--Alabama)
22. Cleveland Browns (from Atlanta)--Mohamed Sanu (WR--Rutgers)
23. Detroit Lions--Mellowcheese
24. Pittsburgh Steelers--texanphil
25. Denver Broncos--Riott, La Voz
26. Houston Texans--BRB Staff
27. New England Patriots (from New Orleans)--NoSafetiesNeeded
28. Green Bay Packers--HabitualHoustonFan
29. Baltimore Ravens--MD.Texan
30. San Francisco 49ers--TexansDC
31. New England Patriots--NoSafetiesNeeded
32. New York Giants--DaGoaT