I posted my ideal draft last week where I had us trading back to the top of the 2nd and still getting a WR of our choice and adding a 4th and 5th pick...but since trades are impossible to predict here is my draft idea if we stay put.
How would you grade this draft? Look forward to your thoughts!
- 1 (26) WR - Jeffery/Hill/Randle (like them all for different reasons, trust our brilliant front office to figure out who the best one will be)
- 2 (58) TE - Dwayne Allen (lost Dressen, Owens great when healthy, Casey will probably get some time at TE but need another target. if Allen doesnt fall here draft OLB Chandler Jones/Cam Johnson)
- 3 (76) OLB - Bruce Irvin (if Allen is gone/we draft OLB in 2nd, take TE Charles/Egnew/Green here)
- 4 (99) OT - Brandon Mosley (played TE/DE at JUCO. only 2 years at OT but show great skills. has perfect skill set for our zone blocking scheme)
- 4 (121) S - Janzen Jackson (played against my Alma Matter the last few years. has some character concern, but great talent.)
- 5 (161) NT - Akiem Hicks (a freak athlete! played all over: DE, NT, and even OLB at 6'4+ 322+)
- 6 (195) FB - Bradie Ewing (best FB since Mike Alstott, would love to get him and free up Casey for more time at TE)
- 7 (219) K - Greg Zuerlein (chance Rackers could leave via FA since we've been cutting cost. this kid is legit, broke record w/ 21 consecutive FGs and showed leg from 60+!)