Between wondering who the Panthers fake-picked and the release of the new Texans uniforms today, I was unable to sleep last night. I trust you were in the same boat.
Without further ado, let us see who astrosbro95 selected for the Panthers. After that, we'll have a quick recap of who's gone where through the first nine picks.
Quinton Coples (DE--North Carolina).
The Panthers did well last year to revamp a broken offense but now need to turn to their anemic defense. Coples brings a dynamic force who can get to the QB and create havoc. He is definitely a high-risk player, but if he pans out he will be a top 5 player at his position. The risk is worth the reward.
Michael Floyd was looked at here as the first option for replacing an aging Steve Smith, but the Panthers have built a compete-now offense that needs a defense to back them up more than a second receiver. With the combination of a fiery offense and a defense that has capable pass-rushers, the Panthers can be a team on the verge of a Wild Card spot this year and a division winner in the years to come.
Coples stays in Carolina. Your thoughts on the matter?
We're a bit off schedule thanks to actual non-mock related content (which is always better than nothing but mocks), so the Bills have until 7 p.m. CDT tonight to e-mail MDC and I their pick. If they get it to us by noon CDT today, great; we'll get their pick up at 4 p.m. CDT and be back on schedule. If the delay in getting Carolina's pick up means they can't turn it in until 7 p.m. CDT tonight, that's fine, too; we'll return to our regular two-picks-per-day schedule tomorrow.
Now, here's what we've got so far (plus who is still on the hook for making picks as fake GM(s)):
1. Indianapolis Colts--Andrew Luck (QB--Stanford)
2. Washington Redskins (from St. Louis)--Robert Griffin III (QB--Baylor)
3. Minnesota Vikings--Matt Kalil (OT--USC)
4. Cleveland Browns--Trent Richardson (RB--Alabama)
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers--Dontari Poe (DT--Memphis)
6. St. Louis Rams (from Washington)--Justin Blackmon (WR--Oklahoma State)
7. Jacksonville Jaguars--Morris Claiborne (CB--LSU)
8. Miami Dolphins--Ryan Tannehill (QB--Texas A&M)
9. Carolina Panthers--Quenton Coples (DE--North Carolina)
10. Buffalo Bills--BC5x2, Fuzion
11. Kansas City Chiefs--BricAM
12. Seattle Seahawks--UprootedTexan
13. Arizona Cardinals--USMC_Texas
14. Dallas Cowboys--JayRedd
15. Philadelphia Eagles--splanket
16. New York Jets--rexthejet
17. Cincinnati Bengals (from Oakland)--Deaconbrodie
18. San Diego Chargers-- YohannDookeyBlue
19. Chicago Bears--Fuzion
20. Tennessee Titans--Daniel Knick
21. Cincinnati Bengals--Deaconbrodie
22. Cleveland Browns (from Atlanta)--WreckNTexan
23. Detroit Lions--Mellowcheese
24. Pittsburgh Steelers--texanphil
25. Denver Broncos--Riott, La Voz
26. Houston Texans--BRB Staff
27. New England Patriots (from New Orleans)--NoSafetiesNeeded
28. Green Bay Packers--HabitualHoustonFan
29. Baltimore Ravens--MD.Texan
30. San Francisco 49ers--TexansDC
31. New England Patriots--NoSafetiesNeeded
32. New York Giants--DaGoaT