The Mock To End All Mocks (Not Counting Our Other Mock) continues with the Buffalo Bills. With Ryan Tannehill off the board, I suppose they're locked into Ryan Fitzpatrick for 2012. Which, you know, is good, considering the ridiculous contract that they gave him.
Luke Kuechly (LB--Boston College)
The Buffalo Bills War Room was a pretty busy place as the three Front Office individuals laid out their Big Board and began to really focus on who we wanted. A lot of people feel the major need for the Bills is Offensive Tackle, and normally it would be wise to go with Riley Reiff here. He's a guy who can easily develop in a couple of seasons into a starting LT for ages to come. However, in my mind as GM, it wasn't the most pressing need.
Buffalo finished almost dead last in defensive points allowed (30th) and defensive yards allowed (26th) according to ProFootballReference.com. This was almost as bad as the Houston Texans' abysmal defensive showing for the 2010 season, and is something that needed to be addressed. The Bills brought in Mario Williams and Mark Anderson to shore up the outside of the line, and, in a division with Tom Brady, that's a very good thing.
Even still, last season showed the Pats have found the new "it" factor in the NFL by employing devastatingly good two-TE sets, which are almost impossible to stop. So how to do you combat this if you are Buffalo? Simple, you draft Luke Kuechly, and you know you're going to get a guy who can defend the pass while still being a run stopper when needed.
What else are you getting? You're getting a guy who in a year or two will easily be able to anchor a much more stout defense, which will be a necessity, considering the rest of the division. It's time somebody took away the rights to the division from New England, and if Buffalo reaches for Kuechly here, I truly believe they can do that very thing.
So, there you have it. The Kansas City Chiefs, in the form of BricAM, are now on the clock. Please have your pick to us by noon today.
Also, updating our Tablero Grande:
1. Indianapolis Colts--Andrew Luck (QB--Stanford)
2. Washington Redskins (from St. Louis)--Robert Griffin III (QB--Baylor)
3. Minnesota Vikings--Matt Kalil (OT--USC)
4. Cleveland Browns--Trent Richardson (RB--Alabama)
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers--Dontari Poe (DT--Memphis)
6. St. Louis Rams (from Washington)--Justin Blackmon (WR--Oklahoma State)
7. Jacksonville Jaguars--Morris Claiborne (CB--LSU)
8. Miami Dolphins--Ryan Tannehill (QB--Texas A&M)
9. Carolina Panthers--Quenton Coples (DE--North Carolina)
10. Buffalo Bills--Luke Kuechly (LB--Boston College)
11. Kansas City Chiefs--BricAM
12. Oklahoma City Seahawks--UprootedTexan
13. Arizona Cardinals--USMC_Texas
14. Dallas Cowboys--JayRedd
15. Philadelphia Eagles--splanket
16. New York Jets--rexthejet
17. Cincinnati Bengals (from Oakland)--Deaconbrodie
18. San Diego Chargers-- YohannDookeyBlue
19. Chicago Bears--Fuzion
20. Tennessee Titans--Daniel Knick
21. Cincinnati Bengals--Deaconbrodie
22. Cleveland Browns (from Atlanta)--WreckNTexan
23. Detroit Lions--Mellowcheese
24. Pittsburgh Steelers--texanphil
25. Denver Broncos--Riott, La Voz
26. Houston Texans--BRB Staff
27. New England Patriots (from New Orleans)--NoSafetiesNeeded
28. Green Bay Packers--HabitualHoustonFan
29. Baltimore Ravens--MD.Texan
30. San Francisco 49ers--TexansDC
31. New England Patriots--NoSafetiesNeeded
32. New York Giants--DaGoaT