I hate the Chiefs. Loathe them, in fact. So I was kind of hoping that BricAM would draft Todd Haley (DBag--Univ. of Sweet IROC Bro), just to bring him back and make Chiefs fans suffer a little more. Alas and alack, that was not the case.
What was the case? Well, I suppose you'll just have to click "Continue reading this post>>" to find out, won't you. (Spoiler alert: Yes, you will.)
David DeCastro (OG--Stanford)
In 2011, in the AFC West, the difference between first place and last place was all of one game, and no team finished with a winning record. If that doesn't reek of mediocrity, I don't know what does. 2012 looks to be an improvement for all four teams: Philip Rivers will probably return to form for the Charges after an off year; the Raiders are no longer held back by the unholy love child of the Crypt Keeper and Sloth from The Goonies; the Broncos dumped two metric ass-loads of money on some old QB whose name escapes me at the moment.
So, needless to say, the Chiefs have a steep hill to climb to get back on top of the division. The Chiefs (and me, as mock GM) are left with an old question: Do we go offense to keep up with the other teams, or do we go defense to try to slow them down? The Chiefs have holes on both sides of the ball so the answer to both questions could be "yes."
In the end, I decided on David DeCastro, G--Stanford. Pairing him with the recently signed Eric Winston should solidify the right side of the line, allowing the Chiefs to run the ball more effectively and thereby keeping the other QBs in the division off the field.
With that, the Seahawks (in the form of UprootedTexan) are on the clock.
Updated draft results:
1. Indianapolis Colts--Andrew Luck (QB--Stanford)
2. Washington Redskins (from St. Louis)--Robert Griffin III (QB--Baylor)
3. Minnesota Vikings--Matt Kalil (OT--USC)
4. Cleveland Browns--Trent Richardson (RB--Alabama)
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers--Dontari Poe (DT--Memphis)
6. St. Louis Rams (from Washington)--Justin Blackmon (WR--Oklahoma State)
7. Jacksonville Jaguars--Morris Claiborne (CB--LSU)
8. Miami Dolphins--Ryan Tannehill (QB--Texas A&M)
9. Carolina Panthers--Quinton Coples (DE--North Carolina)
10. Buffalo Bills--Luke Kuechly (LB--Boston College)
11. Kansas City Chiefs--David DeCastro (OG--Stanford)
12. Seattle Seahawks--UprootedTexan
13. Arizona Cardinals--USMC_Texas
14. Dallas Cowboys--JayRedd
15. Philadelphia Eagles--splanket
16. New York Jets--rexthejet
17. Cincinnati Bengals (from Oakland)--Deaconbrodie
18. San Diego Chargers-- YohannDookeyBlue
19. Chicago Bears--Fuzion
20. Tennessee Titans--Daniel Knick
21. Cincinnati Bengals--Deaconbrodie
22. Cleveland Browns (from Atlanta)--WreckNTexan
23. Detroit Lions--Mellowcheese
24. Pittsburgh Steelers--texanphil
25. Denver Broncos--Riott, La Voz
26. Houston Texans--BRB Staff
27. New England Patriots (from New Orleans)--NoSafetiesNeeded
28. Green Bay Packers--HabitualHoustonFan
29. Baltimore Ravens--MD.Texan
30. San Francisco 49ers--TexansDC
31. New England Patriots--NoSafetiesNeeded
32. New York Giants--DaGoaT