Hello, NFL fans!
A concept we'll be continuing ad infinitum is the 24-hour open thread for fans of all football, located in the FanPosts section of Battle Red Blog(a special thanks to Tim for allowing such nonsense for the low, low price of 2 Coors Lights). A place where football fans can get together and chat about a variety of topics ranging from football to foot fetishes. Just think of it as your favorite bar/hang-out spot where you can get to know your fellow NFL fans on a more relaxed and personal basis. The point of this thread will be to bring us, the fans of the NFL, together for some friendly conversation and camaraderie. These threads started out as a place for AFC South fans to gather, but it has grown to include fans from various NFL teams with Seahawks, Saints, Patriots, Dolphins, 49ers, Eagles, Jets and Packers fans in residence. Don't ask how that works, just be happy it does.
We've also been honored to inspire other teams and divisions to form their own 24-hour open threads. We welcome them all as part of our growing network of sister-threads, so stop by and check them out. Just be sure to be respectful of their differing rules and traditions. In short, don't be abrasive until they get to know you a little better.
Jack-A-Thread (JAT) Off-Topic Activities (OTA) at Pats Pulpit: A place for mostly Pats fans, but they welcome all visitors that are not Jetsfans or actually from Boston.
APC Open Threads at Acme Packing Company: Real friendly folks who welcome everyone. Headed up by OBrienSchofieldismyHero, a crazy Pack/Pats-loving writer of science fiction and lame jokes. Aaron Rodgers "belt dance" required for admission.
NFC East Eternal Threads (bEAST) at Bleeding Green Nation: They've been around for a while now, but sometimes their threads are a bit more spur of the moment and usually filled with pics and gifs of bouncing boobs. It's a place mostly for NFC East fans and guys with a lot of testosterone, but they'll take anyone with the guts to walk in the door.
Official Community Thread at Niners Nation: They've got topics ranging football to Justin Bieber. Right now, it's mostly 49er fans, but you can help change that! Just watch your language as they have a "no cursing" policy. DEFUNCT CSC Lagniappe Perpetually Open Thread (POT) at Canal Street Chronicles: If you enjoy discussing time of possession, horror movies, desperate women and no cursing this is your place! Saints fans o' plenty and a few others mixed in as well. Give 'em a hand getting their brand new threads going and stop by for some conversation about Drew Brees' hairline running a 50-yard fade route. DEFUNCT
Daytime Random Live Thread/Cool Kids Club (CKC) at The Phinsider: This is a daytime/nighttime kind of thing. The daytime thread is a little more PG and has a new thread every day. The nighttime thread is more clandestine and only occurs at random intervals and at random locations after hours and disappears by morning. Kind of like the interweb Fight Club for nerdy Dolphins fans. You just keep your fingers crossed and hope you get lucky. CKC was The First, the progenitor, like the Dracula or Blimpies of all off-topic, open threads everywhere (Google it). Bow down and show your respect.
(NEW!) GGN's Thread About Nothing at Gang Green Nation: Newest to the club and in need of a little help getting their threads started, this is a mostly all Jets fan thread started by rexthejet, but they are super-friendly and will accept pretty much anyone with a pulse. So, if you are looking for some Seinfeld gifs and the highest concentration of single Jewish guys on the interwebz stop by and give them a shout.
Rules of the house:
- Nothing will be considered off-topic other than the usual religion/politics. [EXCEPTION!: SEE BELOW!!!!] NO POLITICS IS NOW A SITE-MANDATED RULE
- Check your hostilities at the door. All previous problems you have had with other NFL fans will be considered forgotten when you enter the thread. You may encounter others who seem to be ragging on each other. Please don't jump into the argument like you own the place. Things aren't what they always appear to be. It's probably people who know each other extremely well participating in some inside-joking or friendly ribbing.
- This is not a Game Thread! There are threads already dedicated to this, and for good reason. It's the same reason why I don't watch Pats/Colts games with my Pats-loving brother-in-law anymore. Things get crazy real quick. The Colts game threads will be hosted at The Colts Authority. Feel free to join either one.
- No trolling, please. If the only thing you have to say is, "Colts/Texans/Jaguars/Titans SUUUUUUUCK!!!1!!1" you're not going to make very many friends.
- If you are having problems with someone in the thread, please email me and we can work together to resolve the issue in-house. Our hope is that this thread will be self-regulated by the fans themselves and won't need any outside intervention. If you don't like what you see, treat it as any other unpalatable link you have clicked on in the past. Apply eye-bleach and move along.
- Have fun! We're all fans and fellow pathetic computer nerds. We have more in common with each other than we have with most everyone else in the real world. Try to remember that.
- Try to keep the thread "safe for work" since a lot of the threaders may be viewing from the job site. In other words, TDM loves her boss's boobs, but it would be inappropriate for her to show pics of them on this thread. NOTE: THIS IS NOW A SITE-MANDATED RULE!
- If you were one of the people who rec'd the previous open thread to move it to the Recommended FanPosts section, please go back to that previous thread now and un-rec it. That way, the previous thread will move out of that section, and we won't be cluttering BRB as much. Also, feel free to rec this thread to get it up to the 5 required to move it to the Rec'd FanPosts section, but please don't go above that as it makes it harder to un-rec it later.
- Read THIS! It is link directing you to a topic that can never be discussed on this site. If you break this rule it may result in warning or banning. So if I were you, I'd read it before commenting on this site, and more importantly, this thread, as it is closely monitored to prevent it's mentioning.
Myself (peytonsurdaddy) and TexansDC from BRB will be hosting the threads. As time goes on we'd like to add a representative from both theTitans and Jaguars fans as well. You may lobby for the position by
killing a pedestrian at random being a Titans or Jags fan and just showing up for more than 5 minutes and basically having nothing better to do with your life.