2. A couple years ago, long before Wade arrived and made the decision to move Glover Quin to safety, BFD said to me that Quin "would be an elite safety -- not good . . . elite." This is the season that people are going to realize that BFD was absolutely right.
3. The RT battle has not been settled. I still prefer Derek Newton.
4. Justin Forsett is going to be your third running back. And I'm ok with that.
5. I liked the decision not to go for the tie at the end. No reason whatsoever to go to OT.
6. Trindon Holliday's stock fell slightly tonight. Prior to the game, I'd have put him at 60-40 in favor of making the team. After tonight, I've got it more like 40-60.
7. Keshawn Martin's fumble was the most forgivable turnover of the night. He got blasted. He's also quickly making Kevin Walter an afterthought in this offense.
8. For a split second, I thought Quin had killed Chris Ivory. (Related: Where the hell is Tiffin?)
9. I know that the Saints went right at Kareem Jackson all night. Overall, I liked what I saw from K-Jax. The first play he made was good, if lucky. He didn't break, despite the concerted effort to attack him. He's still not Johnathan Joseph, but I'll say this: K-Jax 2012 is better than Jason Allen 2011.
10. MOAR FANGUPO! VIVA MONTE CRISTO!
This is your thread for continuing the discussion long into the night. Goodnight, you princes of Houston, you kings of Texas.