Others have speculated that Schaub had a problem later in the year. I have been thinking about it, and I think there are a few things that may indicate this is the case. I will list these after the jump and then have a poll to see if this is enough to make you think this was the case
1) In the Jags and Lions games Schaub threw 103 times for 842 yds
2) Following that he threw another 35 times vs. the titans
3) Around this time frame, we started to complain about Kubes calls on second and third and long downs. All too often we handed the ball off to Arian or threw a short pass hoping the receiver could run for the additional yardage. Was Kubes trying to protect Schaub?
4) Although Schaubs attempts per game stayed high, the deep pass attempts became less and less. Protecting Schaub or just being way too conservative on the play calls?
5) At the end of the Vikings game, Yates replaced Schaub. Even though the game was out of reach, I have never seen Kubiak do that before, regardless of how far ahead or behind we were.
6) It seemed like he had less zip on the ball. If thats the case, it could be responsible for some of the pick's? Like the one he failed to force to Andre in the first NE game? Or the pick six vs Cinn? If those balls had gotten there quicker they may not have been intercepted.
This may be just over-use due to too many throws, like a pitcher who gets a dead arm after throwing too much. He might have re-aggravated his shoulder injury. Maybe he is also getting a little arthritis due to the previous injury in combination with overuse. Maybe it was nothing, or maybe he just had a normal slump. What do you think?
Did Schaub have a medical problem?
Yes, probably aggravated his shoulder (11 votes)
Possibly something minor like fatigue from over use (10 votes)
Yes, and I am concerned that it will continue to be a problem (16 votes)
No, he just was in a down cycle (11 votes)
No, and I never believed he was "the guy" for the Texans (1 vote)
Other??? (2 votes)
51 votes total