This really should be a fanshot, since it is primarily a link to the article. But I wanted to add some specific quotes. The article is linked here. The article itself consists of links to seven plays from Case that should justify his being named starter against the Colts (and, realistically for the rest of the season or until he shows he's over his head).
Much has been made about Gary's comments yesterday that Schaub is still the starter, and as I commented, that will remain the official line until Matt is "clearly" ready to play. Until then, he will either be inactive (if he is absolutely unable to play) or the backup, if he can play but shouldn't.
Here is Sean's take:
- 1st quarter, 11:20 remaining, 1st and 10, incomplete deep pass to Garrett Graham (this is the dropped almost sure touchdown)
- 1st quarter, 2:03 remaining, 1st and 10, 42 yard pass and run to DeVier Posey (welcome back DeVier, more of this, please)
- 2nd quarter, 15:00 remaining, 3rd and 3, 29 yard deep ball to DeAndre Hopkins for touchdown
- 3rd quarter, 15:00 remaining, 1st and 10, Keenum scrambles for 9 yards (have we seen a meaningful scramble from a Texans QB since 80 for 80?)
- 3rd quarter, 11:35 remaining, 1st and 10, 29 yard pass and run to Garrett Graham to KC 1 yard line (once again Garrett, you were so close)
- 3rd quarter, 6:07 remaining, 1st and 10, 42 yard bomb to Andre Johnson
- 4th quarter, 13:38 remaining, 2nd and 10, 35 yard pass to DeAndre Hopkins out of Texans end zone