Between these developments, as well as the signing of George Wilson by the previously Safety-needy Titans, the supply of Safeties got larger and the demand remains unchanged from a month ago. The Jags would have to spend just as much money, or more, than they saved in order to land GQ. The Cards may be in the market to get younger at Safety though, thus canceling out the Titans. This brings the current FA crop of Safeties to:
- Dashon Goldson, S, 49ers. Age: 28.
- Louis Delmas, S, Lions. Age: 26.
- William Moore, S, Falcons. Age: 28.
- Glover Quin, S, Texans. Age: 27.
- Kenny Phillips, S, Giants. Age: 26.
- Ed Reed, S, Ravens. Age: 34.
- Stevie Brown (RFA), S, Giants. Age: 26.
- LaRon Landry, S, Jets. Age: 28.
- Charles Woodson, S/CB, Packers. Age: 36.
- Dawan Landry, S, Jaguars. Age: 30.
- Gerald Sensabaugh, S, Cowboys. Age: 30.
- Chris Clemons, S, Dolphins. Age: 27.
- Patrick Chung, S, Patriots. Age: 26.
- Nate Clements, S/CB, Bengals. Age: 33.
- and more...
Glover is still one of the better FAs available, but hopefully a slightly more populated FA Safety pool will give us a better chance at resigning him.