Three and Out has the Browns' pick, and he's about to turn this entire mock draft right on its proverbial head.
The Browns are a team that could possibly make the playoffs in a year or two. Yes, I said that with a straight face. This is a team that has only a few holes to fill. It just so happens that these holes are in very glaring positions.
In my opinion, the Browns have a very good defense, much like the rest of the AFC North. Cleveland's offense, however, is anemic and was quite possibly one of the worst ever (before the days of Trent Richardson, who is just awesome). Brandon Weeden is not a good QB, though he isn't terrible. Weeden is a serviceable option, and I believe the front office will give him at least another year. That takes Geno Smith out of the conversation for this pick.
One of the things that I've noticed over the years is that mediocre/somewhat bad QB play can be covered up to a certain degree by multiple talented receivers. For example, I'm not completely sold on Matt Ryan. I think that he is pretty good, but he isn't a top level QB. His receivers make him look amazing, simply because he has two of the top receivers in the game playing opposite each other and arguably the best tight end to ever play the game constantly bailing him out. If you can give Weeden another receiver opposite Josh Gordon, they both instantly become much better.
This will probably be seen as a HUGE reach. With the 6th pick of the 2013 BRB Mock Draft, the Browns are taking Keenan Allen (WR--Cal).
Allen is the best receiver in this draft in my opinion. He isn't a flashy receiver, but he has an awesome combination of size and speed. He also has probably the second best hands out of the WRs in this years draft behind DeAndre Hopkins. Weeden showed a lot of improvement towards the end of last year when Josh Gordon and Travis Benjamin started playing well, and I think that the days of Greg Little are about over. Allen is someone who can come in from day one and improve one of the worst offenses in the league.
I did not see that one coming. The Arizona Cardinals and theSpaceCityKid are now on the clock. That pick is due to me by 7 p.m. CDT, and it'll be published at 10 a.m. CDT tomorrow.
1. Kansas City Chiefs--Luke Joeckel (OT--Texas A&M)
2. Jacksonville Jaguars--Eric Fisher (OT--Central Michigan)
3. Oakland Raiders--Sharrif Floyd (DT--Florida)
4. Philadelphia Eagles--Dee Milliner (CB--Alabama)
5. Detroit Lions--Jarvis Jones (LB--Georgia)
6. Cleveland Browns--Keenan Allen (WR--Cal)
7. Arizona Cardinals--theSpaceCityKid
8. Buffalo Bills--BricAM
9. New York Jets--Mbw987
10. Tennessee Titans--Deaconbrodie
11. San Diego Chargers--grandmasteroz
12. Miami Dolphins--BigHD
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers--Sweech
14. Carolina Panthers--UTBawse23
15. New Orleans Saints--FreeRange
16. St. Louis Rams--gm.in.waiting
17. Pittsburgh Steelers--clornelas
18. Dallas Cowboys--astrosbro95
19. New York Giants--UprootedTexan
20. Chicago Bears--RedWhitePaws
21. Cincinnati Bengals--McKnight299
22. St. Louis Rams--gm.in.waiting
23. Minnesota Vikings--The Night Owl
24. Indianapolis Colts--ckone
25. Minnesota Vikings--The Night Owl
26. Green Bay Packers--krkenney
27. Houston Texans--BRB Staff
28. Denver Broncos--Capt Ron
29. New England Patriots--MaloneyPony
30. Atlanta Falcons--riversmccown
31. San Francisco 49ers--TexansDC
32. Baltimore Ravens--Cougfan