Cougsfan, representing the defending champs, strides purposefully to the podium to deliver the final pick of the 2013 BRB Mock Draft.
The needs for Baltimore aren't as bad as most people would like to think, seeing that they lost so many players. But if you look at the signings that they have made in free agency, there really isn't a whole lot for them to worry about. Think about it. They've signed Marcus Spears, Chris Canty, Elvis Dumervil and Michael Huff to bolster a depleted defense. They tendered tight ends Dennis Pitta and Ed Dickson. The only major losses they have yet to really do anything about are ILB and WR.
I view the top 3 priorities in the draft to be WR, ILB and S. I considered OT due to the issues with Bryant McKinnie, but as others have mentioned, there is a drastic drop-off after the first few tackles were taken. I also originally thought Elam would make it to the Ravens here so that we could pick him up to groom behind Huff. With this in mind, we could pick an ILB like Johnathan Bostic later in the the draft and then target the deep receiver pool later. Seeing that the 49ers once again became a thorn in the Ravens' side and stole Elam out from under us, Ozzie is going to have to go with what he always seems to do. Best Player Available.
So without further ado, with the 32nd pick in the 2013 BRB Mock Draft, the Baltimore Ravens select Kevin Minter (LB--LSU). I considered Manti Te'o or Justin Hunter here, but I feel that Minter is more well-rounded; he attacked the run and played coverage when asked to. As far as not taking Hunter, or another WR for that matter, Baltimore does have a good stable of WRs that can eventually replace Anquan Boldin and I don't feel a reach at the end of the first round would be the Baltimore FO's style. It would be better to see if they can pick up Swearinger to groom at safety and find a diamond in the rough at WR later for a value pick.
And with that, the 2013 BRB Mock Draft has come to a close. Thanks to all who took the time to participate. Here's the complete first round:
1. Kansas City Chiefs--Luke Joeckel (OT--Texas A&M)
2. Jacksonville Jaguars--Eric Fisher (OT--Central Michigan)
3. Oakland Raiders--Sharrif Floyd (DT--Florida)
4. Philadelphia Eagles--Dee Milliner (CB--Alabama)
5. Detroit Lions--Jarvis Jones (LB--Georgia)
6. Cleveland Browns--Keenan Allen (WR--Cal)
7. Arizona Cardinals--Chance Warmack (OG--Alabama)
8. Buffalo Bills--Geno Smith (QB--West Virginia)
9. New York Jets--Dion Jordan (DE/OLB--Oregon)
10. Tennessee Titans--Ezekial Ansah (DE--BYU)
11. San Diego Chargers--Lane Johnson (OT--Oklahoma)
12. Miami Dolphins--Barkevious Mingo (DE/OLB--LSU)
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers--Tavon Austin (WR--West Virginia)
14. Carolina Panthers--Star Lotulelei (DT--Utah)
15. New Orleans Saints--Sheldon Richardson (DT--Missouri)
16. St. Louis Rams--DeAndre Hopkins (WR--Clemson)
17. Pittsburgh Steelers--Cordarrelle Patterson (WR--Tennessee)
18. Dallas Cowboys--Jonathan Cooper (G--North Carolina)
19. New York Giants--Bjoern Wagner (DE--Florida State)
20. Chicago Bears--Tyler Eifert (TE--Notre Dame)
21. Cincinnati Bengals--Kenny Vaccaro (S--Texas)
22. St. Louis Rams--Jonathan Cyprien (S--Florida International)
23. Minnesota Vikings--Arthur Brown (ILB--Kansas State)
24. Indianapolis Colts--Xavier Rhodes (CB--Florida State)
25. Minnesota Vikings--Jesse Williams (DT--Alabama)
26. Green Bay Packers--Tank Carradine (DE--Florida State)
27. Houston Texans--Datone Jones (DE--UCLA)
28. Denver Broncos--Desmond Trufant (CB--Washington State)
29. New England Patriots--D.J. Hayden (CB--Houston)
30. Atlanta Falcons--Jordan Reed (TE--Florida)
31. San Francisco 49ers--Matt Elam (S--Florida)
32. Baltimore Ravens--Kevin Minter (LB--LSU)
Share your thoughts on Minter-to-Baltimore, any other pick, or anything pertaining to the 2013 BRB Mock Draft in the Comments.