Mbw987 has a thing for feet. Or I assume he does, because he's in charge of the Jets' pick in the 2013 BRB Mock Draft. The floor is his.
With the ninth pick of the 2013 BRB Mock Draft, the New York Jets select Dion Jordan (DE/OLB--Oregon).
As Jordan is arguably the best pass rusher in this draft, it is surprising to see him still sitting here. The Jets had a top ten defense last season, but their pass rush was weak. They only managed 38 sacks during the 2012 season at a sack rate of 6.3%. Jordan may be a little raw and needs to improve his pass rushing technique to consistently beat NFL offensive tackles. Nevertheless, the Jets should improve their anemic pass rush right away with a lab specimen 3-4 outside linebacker who has a 6'6" 248 lb. frame and runs a 4.6 40 yard dash. Now if only the Jets could trade Darrelle Revis for a first round pick and pick up a QB with a strong enough arm to brave the East Rutherford wind.
If the first eight picks of the 2013 NFL Draft played out in a fashion that left Dion Jordan available at No. 9, I imagine the Jets' representative would turn an ankle from sprinting up to hand the card in. Excellent pick. To be fair, I would have said that about any team that drafted Jordan. BRB's rather high on the kid.
Deaconbrodie and the Titans are now on the clock.
1. Kansas City Chiefs--Luke Joeckel (OT--Texas A&M)
2. Jacksonville Jaguars--Eric Fisher (OT--Central Michigan)
3. Oakland Raiders--Sharrif Floyd (DT--Florida)
4. Philadelphia Eagles--Dee Milliner (CB--Alabama)
5. Detroit Lions--Jarvis Jones (LB--Georgia)
6. Cleveland Browns--Keenan Allen (WR--Cal)
7. Arizona Cardinals--Chance Warmack (OG--Alabama)
8. Buffalo Bills--Geno Smith (QB--West Virginia)
9. New York Jets--Dion Jordan (DE/OLB--Oregon)
10. Tennessee Titans--Deaconbrodie
11. San Diego Chargers--grandmasteroz
12. Miami Dolphins--BigHD
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers--Sweech
14. Carolina Panthers--UTBawse23
15. New Orleans Saints--FreeRange
16. St. Louis Rams--gm.in.waiting
17. Pittsburgh Steelers--clornelas
18. Dallas Cowboys--astrosbro95
19. New York Giants--UprootedTexan
20. Chicago Bears--RedWhitePaws
21. Cincinnati Bengals--McKnight299
22. St. Louis Rams--gm.in.waiting
23. Minnesota Vikings--The Night Owl
24. Indianapolis Colts--ckone
25. Minnesota Vikings--The Night Owl
26. Green Bay Packers--krkenney
27. Houston Texans--BRB Staff
28. Denver Broncos--Capt Ron
29. New England Patriots--MaloneyPony
30. Atlanta Falcons--riversmccown
31. San Francisco 49ers--TexansDC
32. Baltimore Ravens--Cougfan