Representing Bud Adams, comes now Deaconbrodie, invitation in hand for a poor soul to join the Army of Darkness.
With the tenth pick of the 2013 BRB Mock Draft, the Tennessee Titans select Ezekiel "Ziggy" Ansah (DE--BYU).
The Titans decide Ziggy is worth the risk and upgrade in the pass rush department. Derrick Morgan improved last year, but Kamerion Wimbley was too hot and cold and is turning 30. The Titans are missing that dynamic pass rusher and are hoping Ansah's freakish athleticism will produce freakish results. He possesses a blend of size, speed and quickness that not many prospects can match in this class. He only recently started playing football, and there is optimism that once his technique starts to match his raw athleticism, he will truly be a special player. Ansah was chosen over Barkevious Mingo because Ansah's size fits him better at DE and with what defensive coordinator Jerry Gray is looking for in a pass rusher.
Some might have thought the Titans would grab Jonathan Cooper here, but two of the Titans' signings of late, Andy Levitre and Rob Turner, reveal a few things about the Titans' plan for April. There is now more than $30 million already invested in the team's offensive line. Investing a first-round pick in yet another offensive lineman seems like overkill, though a mid-round pick is a definite.
Most mocks have the Titans going with Chance Warmack or Cooper, but I understand the logic of Ansah here. The guy is a freak, and the recent success of similarly gifted pass rushers like
Vernon Gholston Jason Pierre-Paul makes this an easy addition to sell. Given the late posting of this selection, grandmasteroz can turn his pick for the Chargers in to me as late as 11 p.m. CDT.
1. Kansas City Chiefs--Luke Joeckel (OT--Texas A&M)
2. Jacksonville Jaguars--Eric Fisher (OT--Central Michigan)
3. Oakland Raiders--Sharrif Floyd (DT--Florida)
4. Philadelphia Eagles--Dee Milliner (CB--Alabama)
5. Detroit Lions--Jarvis Jones (LB--Georgia)
6. Cleveland Browns--Keenan Allen (WR--Cal)
7. Arizona Cardinals--Chance Warmack (OG--Alabama)
8. Buffalo Bills--Geno Smith (QB--West Virginia)
9. New York Jets--Dion Jordan (DE/OLB--Oregon)
10. Tennessee Titans--Ezekial Ansah (DE--BYU)
11. San Diego Chargers--grandmasteroz
12. Miami Dolphins--BigHD
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers--Sweech
14. Carolina Panthers--UTBawse23
15. New Orleans Saints--FreeRange
16. St. Louis Rams--gm.in.waiting
17. Pittsburgh Steelers--clornelas
18. Dallas Cowboys--astrosbro95
19. New York Giants--UprootedTexan
20. Chicago Bears--RedWhitePaws
21. Cincinnati Bengals--McKnight299
22. St. Louis Rams--gm.in.waiting
23. Minnesota Vikings--The Night Owl
24. Indianapolis Colts--ckone
25. Minnesota Vikings--The Night Owl
26. Green Bay Packers--krkenney
27. Houston Texans--BRB Staff
28. Denver Broncos--Capt Ron
29. New England Patriots--MaloneyPony
30. Atlanta Falcons--riversmccown
31. San Francisco 49ers--TexansDC
32. Baltimore Ravens--Cougfan