Here's what's on the docket for today, folks.
Saturday, Feb. 22
• OL/TE on-field workout (timing, stations, skill drills)
• QB/WR/RB psychological testing, bench press, interviews
• DL/LB measurements, medical exams, media, interviews
• DB medical pre-exam and X-rays, orientation, interviews
It's always fun to see the big guys scramble and shuffle through their various tasks, but their footwork skills are absolutely essential to the success of their careers.
We'll also get closely acquainted with the body measurements of one Jadeveon Clowney. However, we won't get to see him perform the drills until tomorrow. If you read the link that I posted yesterday, you'd know that with physical phenoms like Clowney, "notable times, repetitions, or numbers should be expected, not counted again as an extra positive. It is putting a score to that athletic upside, not adding to the evaluation. It was already there."
So while he'll likely put up an impressive showing, it won't give scouts more than what they already knew. The true test for the South Carolina product will be the interviews; he'll be eager to squash concerns any over his work ethic and commitment.
- If you didn't catch Bill O'Brien's press conference yesterday, Deepi Sidhu has a nice breakdown of what we learned.
That should be all you need to know for now. Enjoy the day and have at it in the Comments.
Oliver! - Boy For Sale (via maiza)