Growing tired of the endless debates about Clowney, Bridgewater, Manziel and Bortles? Yeah me too, and we still have a couple of months to go!
Today, Mike Mayock updated his TOP 5 position rankings, which you can read by clicking HERE.
The top quarterbacks are ranked the same as before, but now Mayock has Garoppolo tied for the fifth ranking with McCarron. I guess throwing at the combine can help you as a quarterback after all, right Jimmy?
1. Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville
2. Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M
3. Blake Bortles, Central Florida
4. Derek Carr, Fresno State
t5. A.J. McCarron, Alabama
t5. Jimmy Garoppolo, Eastern Illinois
Before anyone panics, Clowney is still the top ranked defensive end. The Khalil Mack camp should also be comfortable in knowing Mayock still has him ranked first for linebackers, if not first overall in the entire draft. OK, enough with those guys, let's talk about someone else for a change!
Aaron Donald now tops the list for defensive tackles. He moved up from the third ranked spot after what most analysts feel was one of the strongest performances in this year's NFL Scouting Combine:
- 40-yard dash in 4.68 seconds - best among defensive tackles.
- Benched 225lbs with 35 reps - just one shy of the best for defensive lineman.
- Completed the 3-cone drill in 7.11 seconds - fourth best among defensive tackles; only 28 tenths of a second behind first place.
- 32 inch vertical jump and cleared 116 inches in the broad jump.
"I will put this day up ... with any defensive tackle [at the combine] in the last 10 years," Mayock said. Given Donald's weight, Mayock said his time in the 40 was "just as impressive" as Jadeveon Clowney's stunning 40-yard clocking." - NFL.com
Mayock's new list for defensive tackles, as of March 3rd:
1. Aaron Donald, Pittsburgh
2. Timmy Jernigan, Florida State
3. Louis Nix III, Notre Dame
4. Ra'Shede Hageman, Minnesota
5. Kelcy Quarles, South Carolina
The previous ranking on February 17th:
What do you think of Mike Mayock's new position rankings? If the Texans decide to trade back from the first overall, do any of these guys jump out as the player you most would like to have? Anyone on these lists you'd want to move up from our 2.1 position to "double dip" in the first round? Sound off with your thoughts.