Finally! Some quick thoughts:
- WE GOT A THURSDAY NIGHT HOME GAME! And it's against Denver! On national television! My season just got made.
- Always have to enjoy opening the season at home. The Chiefs should be a nice initial test for the Texans.
- Get the hype machine primed for an entire week of "Them Idiot Texans Passed On Reggie Bush!" preceding the Texans' home tilt with the Saints.
- The Schaub makes his triumphant return to Atlanta in late September, which should be just about the time that Vick gives his first middle-finger salute to Falcons fans.
- The bye week in November is a tad late for my liking, but I'd much rather have it there than in the first week of October.
- There are a whole lot worse places to be in this world than California during the last week of October and the first week of November.
- All the talk about Carr facing his former team should stop now, unless his father masterminds a Harding-esque plot to take Jake Delhomme out before the second game of the season.
- Although I'm giddy about that Thursday night game, it's going to be tough to play two games in four days late in the season when everyone is rather banged up.
- I'm really psyched at how the home games are spread out over the course of the season. If my memory is correct, we suffered through a pretty significant dearth of home games last season because of how the schedule was set up. This year, Houston doesn't have to play more than two (2) games in a row away from Reliant.