- The more competition at RB, the better.
- Given his injury history, it's not realistic to expect Brown to have anything more than a negligible impact on the offense.
- I hope Bob McNair didn't have to raise the cost of health insurance for all Texans employees just to get Brown on the plan.
- Could Brown be the 2008 version of Keenan McCardell, coming in with a bit of promise only to crash and burn before he even gets out of training camp? I think that's far more likely than him rushing for 1,000 yards this season.
- I've never really thought the Texans would go RB in Round One. Moreover, I have a hard time believing this acquisition would change their draft strategy in any meaningful way. The more I ponder it, the surer I am that Smithiak may well go best available at every one of their slots in the draft. The only positions I would be shocked to see addressed before Round Six would be QB and/or WR (due to the clear depth there).