The time is (roughly, depending on when I hit "Post") 3pm on March 13, 2012, meaning that the new League Year has begun and free agency is upon us. Given the build up and anxiety surrounding this deadline, I feel like 3pm should have been marked by some universe-wide clap of thunder (or, at the very least, by some beat-boxing angels). But alas.
As of the start of free agency, here's what we kind of assume that we know on some level to probably be true to some extent not heretofore defined:
- Eric Winston, Lawrence Vickers, and Matt Leinart have been cut.
- Chris Myers has a very high opinion of his own worth on the open market.
- It's entirely possible that the 2012 Texans' offensive line will have three new starters.
- Jacoby Jones remains a Texan.
- There is still no answer to The Mario Question, though rumors abound at this hour.