As all of you fine people know, BRB is home to some of the most generous souls you could ever hope to meet. Whether it's selflessly giving to a worthy charity or bathing lepers in the streets of Calcutta (Vega did it before Mother Teresa did; he just doesn't make a big deal about it), BRBers are a caring lot. So it was not entirely surprising that another of BRB's longtime members would offer up a gift to his fellow BRBers out of the goodness of his heart.
No, it's not UprootedTexan giving away all of his pants. We're saving that for Christmas.
Take the jump, and you'll learn what Barryfromtexas has in store for you.
Last year, I came across a place that had Reebok jerseys for a really good price. I was originally looking for one or two for myself. I saw that if I bought in quantity, I would get an even better price, so I guessed at which jerseys would be really popular and bought some. I sold several for a small profit, gave away a few, and without losing any money, I still have 3 new jerseys left (OK, I had 4 – but I already gave one away).
I decided (probably in some sort of state of inebriation) that I would give these 3 away. I also thought of the BRB community, and decided we could have a contest to see who would or should get them. Why, you ask? Well, BRB is a special place for Texans fans, and I have met a few good people in person because of this place and quite a few more good people online. I have absolutely nothing to gain by this, which is almost against my better judgment. All of this, and we need something to entertain us football-wise for a while.
So here is what I decided to do: There will be a contest to see who is the best at picking the first 53-man roster announced by the Texans for Week One of the 2012 regular season. For all of you lawyers on the site, I won’t have a lot of fine print and whatnot, so don’t get your panties in a wad.The three jerseys:
1. A white #23 Arian Foster (size 54).
2. A blue #56 Brian Cushing (size 52).
3. A blue #80 Andre Johnson (size 54).
These are the good quality jerseys with sewn-on numbers. They haven't been worn and still have the tag on the label. I wish I could do more size-wise, but they are what they are.
The jerseys will be sent out priority mail to those who live in the U.S. (likely regular mail for foreign recipients– don’t complain, you are getting it for free!), so if you cannot get mail, there really isn’t a reason to enter the contest.
Here are the rules:
· The contest starts now.
· You must have at least made one comment on BRB before you enter the contest.
· You must not be banned from BRB by the end of contest. This is so a simple profile check can prove you are a BRB member and have posted here.
· Only one entry per person.
· The 3 people who get closest to the first officially announced 53-man roster win a jersey.
· Entries must be received by Friday, August 24, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. CDT. This gives you some pre-season games to pick a roster; all you foreign residents need to figure out the time zone stuff.
· Any tie(s) is/are broken by whoever got his/her entry in earliest/earlier.
· The one closest to the correct roster (or was first to enter the contest with the same correct names) gets first pick of the available jerseys.
· Other tie-breakers will include a coin toss or a similar random activity.
How to enter:
· Send an e-mail to Tim and BFD (click their names on the masthead at the bottom of the page, and you'll see their e-mail addresses) with "BRB Jersey Contest" in the subject line.
· Your e-mail should have your guess of who will be on the 53-man roster.
· You should list your preference of jerseys from the one you want most to the one you want the least. Example: (1) Johnson, (2) Foster, (3) Cushing.
· It needs to include your name, an address that the U.S. Postal Service can mail to, and of course your posting identity/user name on BRB.
· Don’t include a bunch of extra crap in the e-mail – keep it as simple as possible.
· Winners will be announced as soon as practicable after the official posting of the first 53 man roster, which is usually around Labor Day. Any possible delay will be if there is a tie, so we will determine who gets which jersey. The more names you get right, the better chance you get of having your first pick of the three available jerseys.
· Jerseys will be sent to the winners as soon as possible so you can enjoy the jersey for the 2012 regular season!
Like I said, I just wanted to share these with the BRB community. Even if they are not your size and are the "old" Reebok style, enter anyway; they make a great gift. All of these guys are still on the team. I tried to keep it pretty simple and straightforward so 3 different people win the jerseys. So get your brains in gear and start picking.
Questions? Comments? Expressing gratitude and disbelief at Barry's kindness? Hit the Comments.