It's that time again. Your fourth-favorite site about the Houston Texans is holding auditions for new contributors. The new guidelines for entry are the same as the old guidelines for entry. Namely:
1. If you're interested in writing for BRB, please draft a post on anything Texans-related and e-mail it to me. My e-mail address is easily ascertained. All you have to do is click on my name. If you can't figure that out, you're still eligible to be the sixth most intelligent writer "on staff," but I'd like to do better.
In terms of what to write, it can be on who you think the Texans should draft in April. It can be Russell-Wilson-As-A-Houston-Texan fan fiction, which will surely endear you to at least one member of the Crew de BRB. It can be a stirring call to arms about how, seriously, if the Texans had re-signed Mario Williams, they'd be playing in New Orleans on Sunday. Really, it can be anything, as long as it's original and centers on your Houston Texans. Wide net? Yes.
2. Keep the profanity to a minimum. I understand that there will be times when it's necessary, but I am adamant that we do our best to keep this site off the workplace-ban list.
3. Although there's no hard and fast rule for the number of posts you'd have to author each week, I would like to see the newest member of our merry band commit to putting up at least four (4) pieces per week. I realize that there will be lulls, but there will also be days when there's a ton to talk about; thus, I think it'll even out. If you submit an entry for consideration, please do so with the knowledge that you'd be on the hook for 4 or more posts each week.
4. Punctuation, spelling, grammar, and all those sorts of things matter. While we have the capability to edit posts, it's no fun to have to rewrite or excessively correct things that are capable of being caught before a post is published. I humbly beseech you to proofread your entry.
5. I can't promise you any money for writing here. There may be some advertising campaign revenue associated with the gig in the future, and I'd be glad to talk about that in greater detail via e-mail if you like. But understand that for the immediate future, BRB is purely pro bono. Any remuneration would likely come via a free official BRB t-shirt or me picking up your drinks at the next BRB gathering.You will not get paid regularly for writing here. Please do not enter with any grand design of BRB paying your mortgage note.
Ideally, I'd like to have the new voice(s) up and writing here by February 11th, so let's say that all entries should be in by 11 p.m. CST on February 4th. The lag between the deadline to enter and the tentative start date is so the current "staff" has ample time to read and discuss the submissions. In other words, I won't be the only person reviewing the entries; everyone "on staff" will have the opportunity to weigh in with an opinion. Luckily for you, I'm not entirely sure that everyone listed on the masthead is actually alive, so the feedback could be limited to TDC, Rivers, Brett, and yours truly.
I look forward to reading anything and everything anyone submits. Thanks in advance for taking the time to write.