Greetings! I’m one of the lucky fools selected to write for this great site. Frankly, I’m a little surprised that I was selected to join such a talented group of writers, as my application consisted mostly of Simpsons quotes and pictures of cats.
I’m 28 years old, born and raised in Houston. Being of half-Cuban descent, my first love was baseball and the good ol’ Astros. I grew up watching greats Craig Biggio and Jeff Bagwell with my dad and grandma (yes, my grandma... seriously, Cubans love baseball). Thus, the Oilers, and football in general, did not catch on in my life until much later when Bob McNair and the Texans came to town.
I don’t get to attend as many games as I would like, but the Texans somehow have a perfect winning record when I visit Reliant Stadium. Recently, I saw them beat the Bengals in the playoffs again and witnessed Glover Quin flatten poor Jake Locker en route to a blowout of the Titans back in September.
I’ve been an avid follower of Battle Red Blog for three years now, and I’ve always been impressed by the passion and quality of the articles and discussions. Unfortunately, until now, most of my contributions to the site had been spoken out loud to an empty room, with only the hollow echoes of my own voice to keep me company, but no more!
I look forward to contributing my small part to this great blog hopefully until I’m 60 -- no, 70 years old.
Since rightfully 0.01% of you know who I am, I’ll post some random stuff about me.
- Beer. Darker beers in particular, but my go-to is Shiner Bock.
- Michelle Beadle.
- The Simpsons (c. 1994).
- T.J. Yates nearly Schaub-ing down but connecting with Andre down the field against the Falcons.
- Pho. Delicious Pho.
- Madden… come at me, bros.
- Homerism, fanboyism, and unashamedly biased opinions.
- Matt Schaub’s (lack of) arm strength.
- The Tennessee Titans, their owner, and everything they hold dear.
- Rosencopters, Albert Pujols, and Peyton Manning.
Looking forward to a great year.