After unsuccessfully shopping the third overall pick, Goud was left with little choice but to submit the following analysis and selection:
Seems to me like the Raiders are looking to rebuild. They cut a few players and let others go in free agency. Who knows what's going to happen with Carson Palmer? They gave up their 2nd round pick in this year's draft to get Palmer, so that means they're still "paying" for him. They suck with him and definitely will suck without him. Trading him or releasing him would save them some money, but there would still be a big cap hit. I doubt they'd get anything near what they gave up for Palmer if they tried to trade him, even if they found a team willing to take him.
The trade winds are not blowing for the Raiders, so I'll have to make a pick now. What do they need? The simple answer in "everything." So what can they get? In the real world, they should trade down as many times as they can to get some quality players in the 2nd round. I'm going to keep it simple, build the lines, and go from there.
I don't think any of the offensive linemen left are worth the 3rd pick overall so I'm going D-line. Richard Seymour and Tommy Kelly are gone. They've been replaced with two scrubs I've never heard of. I'm not sure Lamarr Houston should be playing DE in a 4-3 but I'll leave him there for now. All that is to say that it came down to two DTs--Sharrif Floyd and Star Lotulelei.
Due to health concerns, Star gets beat out and the 3rd overall pick is...Sharrif Floyd (DT--Florida).
The Eagles, via Lukayyy, are now on the clock. Or they would be, if he hadn't already submitted his pick. Check back at 4 p.m. CDT to see who he put in green and white.
4. Philadelphia Eagles--Lukayyy
5. Detroit Lions
6. Cleveland Browns--Three and Out
7. Arizona Cardinals--theSpaceCityKid
8. Buffalo Bills--BricAM
9. New York Jets--Mbw987
10. Tennessee Titans--Deaconbrodie
11. San Diego Chargers--grandmasteroz
12. Miami Dolphins--BigHD
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers--Sweech
14. Carolina Panthers--UTBawse23
15. New Orleans Saints--FreeRange
16. St. Louis Rams--gm.in.waiting
17. Pittsburgh Steelers--clornelas
18. Dallas Cowboys--astrosbro95
19. New York Giants--UprootedTexan
20. Chicago Bears--RedWhitePaws
21. Cincinnati Bengals--McKnight299
22. St. Louis Rams--gm.in.waiting
23. Minnesota Vikings--The Night Owl
24. Indianapolis Colts--ckone
25. Minnesota Vikings--The Night Owl
26. Green Bay Packers--krkenney
27. Houston Texans--BRB Staff
28. Denver Broncos--Capt Ron
29. New England Patriots--MaloneyPony
30. Atlanta Falcons--riversmccown
31. San Francisco 49ers--TexansDC
32. Baltimore Ravens--Cougfan
Note that southpaw70 has backed out of drafting for the Lions, so the first person to claim the Lions in the Comments to this post will replace him as GM of Detroit.