For Week 8, Marshall Faulk wants to know:
Let’s get professional: Midway through the season, it’s time to assess and adjust. To be GMC Professional Grade, you must be calculated in your approach. What adjustments are needed to make sure you are fighting for a playoff spot?
Let's start with a few bullets:
- Mental errors at the line of scrimmage need to be eliminated on both sides.
- Blocking technique needs to improve.
- QB needs to recognize open receivers and throw the ball accurately.
- Receivers need to run routes correctly.
- Ball-carriers need to protect the football at ALL times.
- Safeties need to cover deep threats & crossing routes better. They also need to tackle better.
- Inside linebackers need to tackle better and shift to coverage as schemed.
- NFL officials need to call penalties on the opponent: Offensive holding, intentional grounding, pass interference, etc.
- If all else fails, put out a hit on Andrew Luck and T.Y. Hilton. (Just Kidding!!)
The Texans have been in close games. They won close games when they made less mistakes, and they lost close games when they made more mistakes. It's all about clean execution and mental toughness. The term "Play 60" comes to mind for Houston. If they do that, they can win and possibly earn a playoff spot.
What do YOU think the Texans need to adjust most at the mid-point of the season in order to be fighting for a playoff spot?