The Houston Police Department is currently looking for a suspect who smashed in the window of former Texan Ed Reed's car and stole a bag containing $50,000, per NBC 2.
Reed is believed to have been followed after withdrawing the money from a Bank Of America near the Westpark Tollway. After his time in Houston came to an unceremonious end in November, the 35-year-old soon-to-be free agent spent the last part of the 2013-2014 season on the New York Jets, where he was reunited with his former defensive coordinator, Rex Ryan. He closed out the year with interceptions in three of his last four games after recording a grand total of zero in Houston. It was that kind of year.
There is no word yet on if the thief knew Ed Reed's identity while he was followed. If no leads are found, Texans fans everywhere might just chalk this one up to the City of Houston getting some of its money back.
- 2014 NFL Draft: UW-OSU Second Half Scouting Notes
- 2014 NFL Draft: First Half Scouting Notes For Wisconsin - Ohio State
- 2014 NFL Mock Draft: Daniel Jeremiah Holds Steady With Houston Texans Predicted Pick
- Extreme Makeover - Houston Texans 'Coaches' Edition (Part III)
- 2014 Houston Texans Offseason: Why So Vocal, Bob?