Presumably clad in purple, bcaust makes his pick on behalf of the Vikings.
With the eighth pick of the 2014 BRB Mock Draft, the Minnesota Vikings select Greg Robinson (OT--Auburn).
My first choice is gone with the Jaguars taking Johnny Manziel. Now while that might be shocking to those of you who have heard me rag on Johnny, I think Manziel would be perfect in Minnesota with Adrian Peterson and Cordarrelle Patterson. He would give them a different dynamic that I would be happy to see work out in Minnesota.
Unfortunately, Manziel is gone. And while the Vikings have huge holes to fill at QB and DE, and someone like Blake Bortles or Dee Ford would make more sense, they aren't who I take at this point of the draft. Bortles reminds me of Christian Ponder 2.0, and I don't really want to get burned twice. Dee Ford seems like a small reach at this point and therefore is disregarded for more of a BPA strategy. After my top target was gone, I thought about two years ago when Peterson had a monster season and literally carried the team into the playoffs. I want to reinforce my strengths at this point.
In that regard, I'm taking Greg Robinson. I'm not drafting him to protect my QB, who at this point is Matt Cassel. In actuality, this pick is for AD. In Robinson, the Vikings get a mauler at tackle who spent his college career plowing the road for his RB. I'm playing into both Robinson and Peterson's strengths. With Robinson, I draft a plow truck who gets to the next level after shedding blockers and helps my super stud running back be the best man on the field every Sunday. Since I can't get the studs I want to fix the holes that I have, I'm strengthening my greatest asset and developing a run game that I will dare people to stop. Might seem redundant but hey, this is a mock draft and this is what I would do. Plus, you can never have too many tackles.
The first offensive lineman is off the board, albeit a few picks later than many would have projected. How does the selection for the Vikings strike you?
The Buffalo Bills and NoSafetiesNeeded are up next. The Bills' pick is due to me by 7 p.m. CDT this evening.
1. Houston Texans--Sammy Watkins (WR--Clemson)
2. St. Louis Rams (from Washington)--Jadeveon Clowney (DE--South Carolina)
3. Jacksonville Jaguars--Johnny Manziel (QB--Texas A&M)
4. Cleveland Browns--Teddy Bridgewater (QB--Louisville)
5. Oakland Raiders--Khalil Mack (LB--Buffalo)
6. Atlanta Falcons--Anthony Barr (LB--UCLA)
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers--Eric Ebron (TE--UNC)
8. Minnesota Vikings--Greg Robinson (OT--Auburn)
9. Buffalo Bills--NoSafetiesNeeded
10. Detroit Lions--UTBawse23
11. Tennessee Titans--BostonianToro
12. New York Giants--TooDarkMark
13. St. Louis Rams--grandmasteroz
14. Chicago Bears--JayTrain52
15. Denver Broncos (TRADE WITH STEELERS) --Capt. Ron
16. Dallas Cowboys--TonyOverTroy
17. Baltimore Ravens--TexanSam
18. New York Jets--Sugel Mendoza
19. Miami Dolphins--bt20
20. Arizona Cardinals--Lukayyy
21. Green Bay Packers--gyeager
22. Philadelphia Eagles--gm.in.waiting
23. Kansas City Chiefs--MrCatPants
24. Cincinnati Bengals--hlc1221
25. San Diego Chargers--f22a4bandit
26. Cleveland Browns--FreedomRide
27. New Orleans Saints--H&Hguy
28. Carolina Panthers--Nashmeister
29. New England Patriots--37bp
30. San Francisco 49ers--TexansDC
31. Pittsburgh Steelers (TRADE WITH BRONCOS) --Steel Blue Crew
32. Seattle Seahawks--UprootedTexan
33. Houston Texans--bhsman