Pro Football Focus has their preview of this week's game between your Houston Texans and the New York Jets. Bill O'Brien and Mike Devlin are going to have their work cut out for them with the Jets' front seven.
· Read about where Brian Hoyer ranks amongst quarterbacks and converting on third down.
· DeAndre Hopkins continues to rank as Houston’s only positively rated wide receiver this season. He ranks sixth in the league with a +14.6 overall rating and leads the league with 122 targets although his percentage caught (58.2) ranks him 77th amongst his peers (25% of the snaps).
· With Arian Foster sidelined, no other Texans running back boasts a positive grade: Alfred Blue (-3.7, 193 snpas), Chris Polk (-3.6, 170 snaps) and Jonathan Grimes (-1.1, 130 snaps).
· Whitney Mercilus now cracks the Top 10 of 3-4 outside linebackers with a +13.0 overall rating, ranking fifth with a run stop rating of +8.1.
· J.J. Watt is by far the best 3-4 defensive end with a +43.7 overall rating, (16.1 better than the next closest player). Watt has recorded 32 stops, 22 QB hurries, 19 QB hits and nine sacks. He has the best pass rush productivity rating at 11.9 for 3-4 defensive ends.
· Jared Crick ranks 56th out of 57 3-4 defensive ends (minimu 25% of the snaps) with a -13.0 overall rating, including a league-worst -9.6 pass rush rating.
Although Brian Hoyer won't be playing Sunday, the abysmal running game that has often led to Houston being put into third and long situations will almost certainly still be in effect for T.J. Yates.
· Here’s a look back at New York’s Thursday night loss to the Buffalo Bills.
· Check out where Muhammad Wilkerson ranks amongst the best pass-rushers this season.
· Chris Ivory ranks 13th in the league with a +5.1 overall rating by running backs, although he’s posted back-to-back -1.9 overall ratings in Weeks 9 and 10.
· Ryan Fitzpatrick (-4.0 overall) ranks 29th in the league with an accuracy percentage of 69.5% and 27th with a PFF QB rating of 81.65.
· Six of New York’s seven defensive linemen have a positive grade, led by Wilkerson and rookie Leonard Williams (+17.1 overall).
· Demario Davis ranks 51 out of 57 3-4 inside linebackers (minimum 25% of the snaps) with a -16.5 overall rating.
· Darrelle Revis continues to be one of the best corners in the league, ranking sixth with a +9.5 overall rating. NFL QB’s have a QB rating of 44.3 which ranks third in the league.
Like many others, I thought Leonard Williams was the best player in the 2015 NFL Draft. While I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do, I would prefer it be against another team.
Jets vs Texans coverage
Gang Green Nation