The rules of the NFL state that each team can dress a maximum of 46 players per game. This doesn't mean that seven players are hanging out like bfd, without clothes, but it does mean that fourteen men will be in street clothes at the start of tonight's contest.
This week, Texans fans dealt with the news that J.J. Watt has broken his hand. After we stopped crying and vomiting, we got to hear from Watt himself, who said he was playing and wasn't worried about it. That's somewhat comforting, because the Patriots got Rob Gronkowski back at practice and he is expected to play tonight.
Including Watt, the Texans listed 16 players on their final injury report, with all of them probable to play. The most concerning for the team should be Jadeveon Clowney (hamstring), DeAndre Hopkins (hamstring), and 80 percent of our starting offensive line, namely Duane Brown (knee), Brandon Brooks (illness/toe), Ben Jones (hip), Derek Newton (elbow/knee).
The Patriots listed 13 players on their final injury report, with Julian Edelman (foot) already ruled out for the game. Other than Gronkowski (knee), important names on the list include Danny Amendola (knee), Dont'a Hightower (knee), Patrick Chung (foot), and Devin McCourty (foot).
- G Oday Aboushi (coach's indifference)
- TE Garrett Graham (coach's indifference)
- S Rahim Moore (coach's indifference)
- CB Darryl Morris (coach's indifference)
- DE Jeoffrey Pagan (coach's indifference)
- LB Justin Tuggle (coach's indifference)
- QB Brandon Weeden (coach's indifference)
- WR Julian Edelman (foot)
- DE Geneo Grissom (coach's indifference)
- LB Dont'a Hightower (knee)
- WR Damaris Johnson (coach's indifference)
- G Josh Kline (shoulder)
- DT Sealver Siliga (coach's indifference)
- S Tavon Wilson (coach's indifference)