Great news, Texans fans! The team has released the first depth chart of training camp. After months of debate, we finally know which QB will be starting. At least for Saturday night's preseason opener anyway, right?
/reads depth chart
Ah, Bill O'Brien, you cad. Brian Hoyer OR Ryan Mallett listed as first-string QB? Throw us a friggin' bone here.
Other things that jumped out at me:
1. Xavier Su'a-Filo is listed as a starting guard. Perhaps he hasn't been as bad as some have feared.
2. Max Bullough listed as a second-string inside linebacker, ahead of Justin Tuggle. Interesting.
3. Benardrick McKinney fourth-string?
4. Boy, after Whitney Mercilus, Jack linebacker will send you to Google. Jadeveon Clowney, this team needs you.
5. Perhaps my concern over McKinney's placement on the depth chart is misplaced. Kevin Johnson is listed as a fourth-stringer at corner, and you know he's not that low in the pecking order.
6. Andre Hal as second-string SS behind Stevie Brown. Despite the relatively recent position change, Hal's arrow would seem to be pointed up.
7. According to the chart, Keshawn Martin is not your first, second, or even third string kick returner or punt returner. Unless that's the result of Bill O'Brien wanting to get younger guys some work, that would not seem to bode well for Martin's chances of making the 53-man roster.