As announced in the last post, the Dallas Cowboys have traded the fourth overall pick in the 2016 BRB Mock Draft to the Los Angeles Rams. Here are the details on the transaction:
The Los Angeles Rams receive:
Dallas' 2016 first round pick (No. 4 overall).
The Dallas Cowboys receive:
Los Angeles' 2016 first round pick (No. 15 overall);
Los Angeles' 2016 second-round pick (No. 45 overall);
Los Angeles' 2017 first-round pick; and
That's a spicy meatball. Who is the player that the Rams simply had to have despite such a high cost? El Torito, fake GM of the Rams, has the answer.
With the 4th pick in the 2016 BRB Mock Draft, the Los Angeles Rams select Carson Wentz (QB - North Dakota State).
The Rams need a QB, period.
Les Snead and Jeff Fisher can say that Case Keenum is the team's starter and that they believe in him, but I don't buy it. Over the past few years with Fisher as head coach, the team has lacked stability under center. Whether it's injuries or poor play by retread quarterbacks, the Rams have failed to capitalize on the awesomeness of their defense by posting sub-.500 records in years they were expected to make the playoffs.
Here the Rams trade up by nabbing the QB with most upside. Wentz has garnered rave reviews from the media and scouts alike because of his size (6'5"/237 lbs.), athleticism (4.77 40-time/6.86 3 cone drill), and accuracy.
Drafting Carson Wentz not only gives the Rams their QB of the future to build an offense around, along with Todd Gurley and Tavon Austin, but it gives the fans of Los Angeles someone who they can rally behind and also gives "Hard Knocks" a great storyline to build this season on.
Your thoughts on the trade and subsequent decision to take Wentz? A bold move worthy of applause, or did the Rams give up too much for a questionable prospect? Fire away in the Comments.
That brings us to BFD and the Jacksonville Jaguars. He'll publish his pick on this very website at 10 a.m. CDT tomorrow.
Recapping the action so far...
1. Tennessee Titans--Laremy Tunsil (OT--Ole Miss)
2. Cleveland Browns--Joey Bosa (DE--Ohio State)
3. San Diego Chargers--Jalen Ramsey (CB/S--FSU)
4. Los Angeles Rams--Carson Wentz (QB--North Dakota State)
5. Jacksonville Jaguars--bigfatdrunk
6. Baltimore Ravens--praeceps93
7. San Francisco 49ers--astrosbro95
8. Philadelphia Eagles--XinMing Kuon
9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers--denerrigoli
10. New York Giants--H&Hguy
11. Chicago Bears--C.Nelson42
12. New Orleans Saints--Lionlocker
13. Miami Dolphins--Free2shred00
14. Oakland Raiders--BostonianToro
15. Dallas Cowboys--Roll.Texans.Roll (VIA TRADE)
16. Detroit Lions--Huggy The Bear
17. Atlanta Falcons--athens_murder
18. Indianapolis Colts--FreedomRide
19. Buffalo Bills--Texstros9495
20. New York Jets--Houstonkingo
21. Washington Redskins--whiteiron
22. Houston Texans--BRB Staff
23. Minnesota Vikings--King_of_the_Gridiron
24. Cincinnati Bengals--Summer of Watt
25. Pittsburgh Steelers--GannonNash
26. Seattle Seahawks--thepencilneck
27. Green Bay Packers--FeedEmToTheWolves1099
28. Kansas City Chiefs--Senor Stan
29. Arizona Cardinals--HovaFlow
30. Carolina Panthers--Vance87
31. Denver Broncos--viper17d