If I'm Shahid Khan, I figure there are three (3) things keeping me out of the playoffs.
First, have you seen that mustache? I'm pretty sure the mustache has been controlling Khan for several years now. It's the only possible explanation for continuing to employ Gus Bradley.
Secondly, the Tinkle Kitties have to keep so many tarps around, it's just hard to move around in the stadium. Sometimes, you can't get into your office, so you go home and write Mark Brunell fan fiction.
Finally, there are the Houston Texans, the team that's been eating the Jaguars' lunch for the past several years. Flip the two annual losses against the Texans, and the Jaguars are a 7-9 team. Win one or two more games, and it's playoff time in front of empty seats in
The Jaguars have some nice, young offensive talent, especially at their skill positions. Allen Robinson, Allen Hurns, and T.J. Yeldon are all potential Pro Bowl candidates. Julius Thomas, coming off an injury, was a bit worse than expected, but he still brings positives. Blake Bortles brings a tremendous amount of upside, and his improvement is obvious.
Signing Kelvin Beachum to replace draft bust Luke Joeckel was a coup for the team. The Tinkle Kitties still need to address the offensive line in the draft, however, so that's a consideration for this pick. Unless I'm taking a left tackle, though, this is too early to address guard, center, or right tackle.
How have the Texans beaten the Jaguars? Defensively, of course. And that's where I'm going with this pick.
On the defensive line, the Jaguars signed Malik Jackson, adding him to a group that includes Roy Miller, Jared Odrick, and, most importantly, healthy versions of Sen'Derrick Marks and Dante Fowler.
Aside from Telvin Smith, who definitely flashed as a rookie, the linebacker corps is a nightmare. Dan Skuta is decent, but Paul Posluzny is terribly overrated.
In the secondary, the Tinkle Kitties will look to Prince Amukamara, Aaron Colvin, and Davon House at CB. That's not a great group, but they're solidly average. I think Tashaun Gipson was a fantastic signing for the team, though somebody who isn't Sergio Brown, Josh Evans, or John Cyprien needs to play S opposite Gibson.
With the Cokeboys trading away their pick to the Rams, who then took Carson Wentz with the pick, my path is clear.
As the Fake GM for the Jacksonville Tinkle Kitties, I'm proud to draft Myles Jack with the fifth overall pick in the 2016 BRB Mock NFL Draft. Jack and Smith give the team an extremely young and talented duo at OLB. Jack will be a nightmare for TEs and slot WRs, and he's somebody I won't be afraid to use off the edge to get to the QB.
With the aforementioned upgrades, the team should field an average defense. Coupled with a slightly above average offense, this is a team that should compete for the playoffs this year...except Gus Bradley, of course.
That puts the Baltimore Ravens and praeceps93 on the clock. That pick should be e-mailed to Tim no later than 12 p.m. CDT. We have the pick, so consider yourself on the clock, astrosbro95.
1. Tennessee Titans--Laremy Tunsil (OT--Ole Miss)
2. Cleveland Browns--Joey Bosa (DE--Ohio State)
3. San Diego Chargers--Jalen Ramsey (CB/S--FSU)
4. Los Angeles Rams--Carson Wentz (QB--NDSU)
5. Jacksonville Jaguars--Myles Jack (LB--UCLA)
6. Baltimore Ravens--praeceps93
7. San Francisco 49ers--astrosbro95
8. Philadelphia Eagles--XinMing Kuon
9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers--denerrigoli
10. New York Giants--H&Hguy
11. Chicago Bears--C.Nelson42
12. New Orleans Saints--Lionlocker
13. Miami Dolphins--Free2shred00
14. Oakland Raiders--BostonianToro
15. Dallas Cowboys--Roll.Texans.Roll (VIA TRADE)
16. Detroit Lions--Huggy The Bear
17. Atlanta Falcons--athens_murder
18. Indianapolis Colts--FreedomRide
19. Buffalo Bills--Texstros9495
20. New York Jets--Houstonkingo
21. Washington Redskins--whiteiron
22. Houston Texans--BRB Staff
23. Minnesota Vikings--King_of_the_Gridiron
24. Cincinnati Bengals--Summer of Watt
25. Pittsburgh Steelers--GannonNash
26. Seattle Seahawks--thepencilneck
27. Green Bay Packers--FeedEmToTheWolves1099
28. Kansas City Chiefs--Senor Stan
29. Arizona Cardinals--HovaFlow
30. Carolina Panthers--Vance87
31. Denver Broncos--viper17d