With the nineteenth (19th) pick of the 2016 BRB NFL Mock Draft, Texstros9495, on behalf of the Buffalo Bills, says...
The Buffalo Bills need help, and a lot of it. They are the only team in the NFL--check that, all of sports--that hasn't been to the playoffs in the 21st century. They have holes all over their team. They need help on the offensive line. They need help at wide receiver. They need help in healing fans from losing four Super Bowls in a row, even all these years later. It's time for Doug Whaley to hit a pick out of the park.
Perhaps the area the Bills need help most, though, is in the form of defensive end. Jerry Hughes is their only capable defensive end. As we all know, having one defensive end only works when that DE is J. J. Watt. Defensive tackle is a strong suit. The Bills can boast Marcell Dareus and (to a lesser extent) Kyle Williams as starters. Defensive end, though, is a problem. They're top backup is I.K. Enempkali, and he won't scare anyone...other than Geno Smith, of course. The rest of their backups consist of Cedric Reed, Jarius Wynn, and Lavar Edwards. In other words, even the Jaguars won't have a problem with that group.
It all comes down to who the best defensive end in the draft who's available at #19 is. DeForest Buckner has been drafted. Joey Bosa and Noah Spence are both off the board. Luckily, defensive line is a strength in this draft class. No other team can be more relieved than the Bills.
Finding the right DE, though, is tough. The Bills could really consider two guys: Emmanuel Ogbah and Robert Nkemdiche. Doug Whaley cannot afford to whiff on a first-round pick the way he did with E. J. Manuel in 2013. The Bills didn't have a first round pick last year. Some view that as a positive, as that pick performed better than Johnny Manziel last year. Others view it as a negative, as the Bills didn't have a draft pick to further establish a team. Whaley needs to make the right decision and he cannot afford to draft a player that can very easily bust with his off-the-field antics.
So without further ado, with the 19th selection in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select Emmanuel Ogbah (DE--Oklahoma State).
Ogbah is the type of player the Bills want. He is a rush end and thus fits the Bills' scheme perfectly. Ogbah has also proven he can play against some of the best in the college level, as he was able to record tackles for loss and bat down passes against both Cody Whitehair and Laremy Tunsil. He had an excellent Combine performance, posting a 4.63 in the 40, performing 20 bench press reps, and having a 35.5" vertical. Ogbah, on paper, looks to be the best player to come out of Oklahoma State since Dez Bryant, but this one also appears to be able to catch balls at clutch moments.
(While the real Bills will probably end up drafting Nkemdiche instead, it would be wise for them to build a defensive line to wreck havoc on the AFC East and find a way to make it to the playoffs for the first time since the 20th century ended).
Houstonkingo, you're next to keep things rolling and are officially on the clock for the Jets, with your pick due to me by 7 p.m. CDT tonight.
1. Tennessee Titans--Laremy Tunsil (OT--Ole Miss)
2. Cleveland Browns--Joey Bosa (DE--Ohio State)
3. San Diego Chargers--Jalen Ramsey (CB/S--FSU)
4. Los Angeles Rams--Carson Wentz (QB--NDSU)
5. Jacksonville Jaguars--Myles Jack (LB--UCLA)
6. Baltimore Ravens--DeForest Buckner (DL--Oregon)
7. San Francisco 49ers--Jared Goff (QB--California)
8. Philadelphia Eagles--Vernon Hargreaves III (CB--Florida)
9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers--Ronnie Stanley (OT--Notre Dame)
10. New York Giants--Ezekiel Elliott (HB--Ohowihateohio State)
11. Chicago Bears--A'Shawn Robinson (DE/DT--Alabama)
12. New Orleans Saints--Sheldon Rankins (DT--Louisville)
13. Miami Dolphins--Eli Apple (CB--Ohowihateohio State)
14. Oakland Raiders--Jack Conlin (OT--Michigan State)
15. Dallas Cowboys--Noah Spence (DE/OLB--Eastern Kentucky)
16. Detroit Lions--Laquon Treadwell (WR--Ole Miss)
17. Atlanta Falcons--Darron Lee (LB--Ohio State)
18. Indianapolis Colts--Cody Whitehair (OG--Kansas State)
19. Buffalo Bills--Emmanuel Ogbah (DE--Oklahoma State)
20. New York Jets--Houstonkingo
21. Washington Redskins--whiteiron
22. Houston Texans--BRB Staff
23. Minnesota Vikings--King_of_the_Gridiron
24. Cincinnati Bengals--Summer of Watt
25. Pittsburgh Steelers--GannonNash
26. Seattle Seahawks--thepencilneck
27. Green Bay Packers--FeedEmToTheWolves1099
28. Kansas City Chiefs--Senor Stan
29. Arizona Cardinals--HovaFlow
30. Carolina Panthers--Vance87
31. Denver Broncos--viper17d