This afternoon, our Houston Texans are going to “welcome” the Chicago Bears. However we know that each head coach has to name seven players to spend the day on the sidelines (or in a suite, liking images on social media).
We already know that the Texans won’t have Duane Brown available due to the horrific knee injury he suffered at the tail end of the 2015 season. Akeem Dent (concussion), Will Fuller (hamstring), Derek Newton (hamstring), and J.J. Watt (back), were full participants in Friday’s practice.
The Bears are making good use of the new rules surrounding “questionable” players, listing a total of nine players as such. Josh Bellamy (shoulder), Deon Bush (hamstring), Bryce Callahan (groin), Kyle Fuller (knee), Paul Lasike (wrist), Kyle Long (shoulder), Deonte Thompson (knee, ankle), Cornelius Washington (ankle, knee), and Kevin White (hamstring), are all “uncertain to play,” if John Fox is following the new rules.
The Texans have announced that the following players will not dress for today’s game:
- G Oday Aboushi (coach’s indifference)
- OT Duane Brown (knee)
- S K.J. Dillon (coach’s indifference)
- DE Joel Heath (coach’s indifference)
- WR Keith Mumphery (coach’s indifference)
- OLB Brennan Scarlett (coach’s indifference)
- QB Brandon Weeden (coach’s indifference)
The Bears have made the following players inactive:
- DB Deon Bush (coach’s indifference)
- DB Kyle Fuller (knee)
- LB Nick Kwiatkowski (coach’s indifference)
- OL Eric Kush (coach’s indifference)
- DB Cre’Von LeBlanc (coach’s indifference)
- WR Cameron Meredith (coach’s indifference)
- DL Will Sutton (coach’s indifference)
What impact, if any, do you feel missing these guys will have on the outcome of the game? How do you feel about our OL without Duane up front?