For the first time in seemingly forever, the Texans are going into a game without having already declared a player (or several) unavailable. This is major news, given the scale of what the team is facing tonight.
Quintin Demps (hamstring) and John Simon (chest) are officially questionable for the game, but both were able to participate in practice in a limited amount this past week. We’ve been without Simon for weeks now, so him missing this game would just be more of the same, but Demps has made himself into a key piece of our secondary and it’d be nice to have him available in a game against Tom Brady. Also limited, but expected to play, are A.J. Bouye (groin) and DeAndre Hopkins (knee). Let’s rub some of our prime Texas dirt on their injuries because we will need them both out there.
Full participants in practice include Jeff Allen (ankle), Chris Clark (ankle), Jadeveon Clowney (elbow, wrist), Brian Cushing (ankle), Ryan Griffin (quadricep), Andre Hal (foot), Johnathan Joseph (calf), Whitney Mercilus (knee), Brian Peters (foot) and Tom Savage (concussion).
The Patriots have a much shorter injury report. Malcolm Mitchell (knee) is questionable and was limited. Danny Amendola (ankle) was a full participant and should play.
Houston Texans Inactives:
- ILB Max Bullough (coach’s indifference)
- S Quintin Demps (hamstring)
- DE Ufomba Kamalu (coach’s indifference)
- OLB John Simon (chest)
- G Josh Walker (coach’s indifference)
- WR Wendall Williams (coach’s indifference)
- QB Brandon Weeden (coach’s indifference)
New England Patriots Inactives:
- QB Jacoby Brissett (coach’s indifference)
- CB Justin Coleman (coach’s indifference)
- RB D.J. Foster (coach’s indifference)
- CB Cyrus Jones (coach’s indifference)
- WR Malcolm Mitchell (knee)
- S Jordan Richards (coach’s indifference)
- T LaAdrian Waddle (coach’s indifference)
Is the injury report for tonight’s game something that concerns you? What impact will these guys sitting out have on the outcome?