Houston is headed to the second quarter down 14-3 to the Patriots. Two Dion Lewis touchdowns, one receiving and one on special teams, have left Houston two possessions down to New England. There is still plenty of football left to play, so let’s talk about all of it in this second quarter live thread.
Live blogging the first quarter:
- Brock Osweiler hits DeAndre Hopkins with the first pass of the night. And we’re off!
- Lamar Miller up the middle ... it’s still not really working, guys.
- A sack on Os. Three & out to start the game.
- Julian Edelman nabs the first reception for the Pats.
- Solid stop on defense by Houston. Three and out for New England.
- Osweiler misses Will Fuller on second down, and it’s batted away from Keith Mumphery on third. Another three and out for the Texans.
- Wow. A.J. Bouye called for pass interference, what amounts to a 30-yard penalty.
- Dion Lewis scares me and for good reason. He scampers into the end zone. 7-0 Pats.
- An unnecessary roughness call on New England gives Houston a fresh set of downs.
- Osweiler to Miller and another first down for Houston,
- Miller with a couple of solid runs.
- Jonathan Grimes with a first down, C.J. Fiedorowicz with a chunk of yardage.
- A missed pass in the end zone, and it’s third down in the red zone for the Texans. They’ll settle for a field goal here.
- Nick Novak knocks one through, and it’s 7-3, Patriots lead.
- Wow. A kick return touchdown for Lewis. 14-3 Pats. That got ugly quick.
You know the drill, Texans fans! The comments section is yours to discuss the game in real time. The second quarter starts now.
NOTE: Please do not post any images, videos, GIFs, or non-text comments in any of BRB's live game threads. They tend to slow the thread down and can take a long time to load. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
NOTE II: Due to the fast-paced nature of these threads, there will be no warnings before bans on game day. If a moderator deems a comment or user to be problematic, he or she will remove that person from the discussion for the good of the collective game day experience. If you're on the wrong side of the law today and want your posting privileges reinstated, please send an e-mail to one of us tomorrow.
NOTE III: Please refrain from any reference to or mention of any religion or religious figure, even if you believe it's celebratory or inoffensive. If you make such a reference or comment, it will be deleted and you will be warned. Two violations of this rule will result in a ban.