Some observations from this quarter:
- The Texans’ defense is a pure joy to watch. The Texans’ pass rush flows like water navigating through a woodland stream over rocks and moss, where the rocks would impede the water flows around or through to the next open space, onward towards its end. Right now whatever space is open within the Patriots’ offensive line, the Texans rush through it.
- Brock Osweiler just does not do well when asked to read through a progression. His comfort zone is one read, quick, short throws that don’t ask him to do much beyond point and click.
- As good as the Texans’ defense is (and it is phenomenal), its Achilles heel continues to be the RB versus LB in man coverage matchup. The Patriots know its their trump card and they’ve used it in both of their scores tonight.
- Phil Simms’ biggest fear is that one day his daughter will come home and introduce her new boyfriend, someone who thinks going for it on fourth down is a good idea.
- There’s your killer Brock Osweiler pick for the game.
- That INT really seemed to take the spring out of the Texans’ step. You might even say it’s TAKEN THE AIR OUT OF THE GAME.
- Will Fuller drops a surefire TD.
This is your open thread. Enjoy the final quarter and I’ll see you in the post-game thread.
NOTE: Please do not post any images, videos, GIFs, or non-text comments in any of BRB's live game threads. They tend to slow the thread down and can take a long time to load. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
NOTE II: Due to the fast-paced nature of these threads, there will be no warnings before bans on game day. If a moderator deems a comment or user to be problematic, he or she will remove that person from the discussion for the good of the collective game day experience. If you're on the wrong side of the law today and want your posting privileges reinstated, please send an e-mail to one of us tomorrow.
NOTE III: Please refrain from any reference to or mention of any religion or religious figure, even if you believe it's celebratory or inoffensive. If you make such a reference or comment, it will be deleted and you will be warned. Two violations of this rule will result in a ban.