For the Houston Texans, RB Alfred Blue (ankle) and WR Will Fuller V (shoulder) have been ruled out of the game already, having shown up on the injury report all week. Obviously, Fuller will be out for a minute due to his broken collarbone, so we can expect to see him on the injury report for several weeks.
TE C.J. Fiedorowicz (concussion), RB D’Onta Foreman (groin), WR DeAndre Hopkins (thumb), and WR Braxton Miller (ankle) showed up as full participants on the Wednesday injury list, but were not listed for Thursday or Friday, so we shouldn’t expect injury to be a reason to keep them out of today’s lineup.
The Jags are the barely-walking wounded coming in to today’s game.
On Wednesday, eight players showed up on their injury report. RB T.J. Yeldon (hamstring) did not participate; DE Dante Fowler Jr (knee), FS Tashaun Gipson (ankle), CB Jalen Ramsey (hip), and WR Dede Westbrook (core muscle injury) were limited in practice; and DL Michael Bennett (groin), QB Blake Bortles (right wrist), and OL Josh Wells (ribs) were full participants.
Thursday’s injury list again had eight names. Gipson, Westbrook and Yeldon were limited participants, while Bennett, Bortles Fowler, and Ramsey were full participants.
On Friday, the Jags’ injury list still had eight players listed. Westbrook didn’t participate and was ruled out for the game. Gipson and Yeldon were limited, and both are listed as questionable to play. Bennett, Bortles, Fowler, Ramsey, and Wells were full participants.
Houston Texans Inactives
- RB Alfred Blue (ankle)
- T Julie’n Davenport (coach’s indifference)
- CB Treston Decoud (coach’s indifference)
- G Kyle Fuller (coach’s indifference)
- WR Will Fuller V (shoulder)
- OLB Ufomba Kamalu (coach’s indifference)
- DE Carlos Watkins (coach’s indifference)
Jacksonville Jaguars Inactives
- DT Michael Bennett (groin)
- LB Blair Brown (coach’s indifference)
- CB Jalen Myrick (coach’s indifference)
- OT William Poehls (coach’s indifference)
- S Calvin Pryor (coach’s indifference)
- OL Josh Walker (coach’s indifference)
- RB T.J. Yeldon (hamstring)
Dede Westbrook, who had been ruled out for the game, is active instead.
So here we have it, folks. The first Inactives List of the 2017 NFL Season for the Houston Texans. Are there any names on the list that concern you? What impact do you feel not having these men available today will have on our chances facing the Jags? Comment away below.