Hi, I’m bigfatdrunk, and you might remember me from blogs such as this one. After an event this weekend, I asked Tim if I could re-join the masthead and help.
This is unacceptable (the motivation, not the act itself). Everything that drove this decision is unacceptable.
Rooting for the Texans is already a roller coaster of fandom, and this season might be the most bipolar of all. We’ve barely made it through the first game, and tensions are already far too high.
In addition to the Community Guidelines, we are going to focus on what it means to comment in a “positive” fashion:
- Be respectful.
- If you disagree, do so respectfully.
- No ad hominem attacks (a/k/a personal insults).
- People might not agree with your opinion, and that’s fine.
- Be respectful at all times.
- Please begin using the flagging function more regularly. This is the easiest place for admins to see issues as they arise.
Because of recent activity, there will be some new rules in place:
- Game day timeouts will be distributed liberally. If you are put in timeout and you create a new user account, you will be permanently banned. No questions asked.
- If you are put into timeout three times in a season, you will be permanently banned. This will be tracked through our interface.
- Everybody starts off now with a clean slate.
If you have any questions or need any clarifications whatsoever, please ask in the comments below, and I will respond.