Perhaps the most maddening part of speculating about what your Houston Texans might do in the 2018 NFL Draft is that there are sixty-seven (67) picks before they even have their first chance to make a selection. Nonetheless, we need to at least have some familiarity with who could be available in the third round and whether they’d be a potential fit for the Texans.
DraftTek is here to help, as they have released a seven-round mock draft extravaganza. Here’s what they have the Texans doing:
68. Houston Texans: Tarvarus McFadden (CB—Florida State)
80. Houston Texans (from Seattle): Tyrell Cosby (OT—Oregon)
100. Houston Texans: Mike Gesicki (TE—Penn State)
164. Houston Texans: Shaquem Griffin (OLB—UCF)
196. Houston Texans: Alex Cappa (OT—Humbolt State)
This marks the second mock that I’ve seen that has Tyrell Cosby ending up in Houston, though this one has him coming to the Texans with their second third-rounder instead of their first. Thoughts on that and/or the rest of the selections?