2018 promises to be an odd draft season for Houston Texans fans. The team doesn’t have a first round pick (sent to Cleveland in the trade to move up to select Deshaun Watson in the 2017 NFL Draft) or a second round pick (also sent to Cleveland to persuade them to add Brock Osweiler to their roster). Although it’s likely the Texans receive an additional third round compensatory selection for the loss of A.J. Bouye in free agency last year and could potentially move up in the draft, it doesn’t make for very exciting mock scenarios as we approach April.
Nevertheless, Matt Miller has his first mock draft of the offseason out, and it’s a complete seven-round affair (albeit missing compensatory selections, as those haven’t been announced yet). Here’s what he has the Texans doing:
68. Houston Texans: CB Mike Hughes, UCF
80. Houston Texans (from Seattle): OT Toby Weathersby, LSU
99. Houston Texans: DL Breeland Speaks, Ole Miss
163. Houston Texans: TE Tyler Conklin, Central Michigan
196. Houston Texans: CB Kamrin Moore, Boston College
Your thoughts on these potential selections for the Texans? Were there other players available at these spots in Miller’s mock that you would have preferred instead?