Last night, we witnessed five (5) collegiate quarterbacks selected in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft. Here’s the team that made the pick, who they drafted, and what pick was used to make the selection:
1. Cleveland Browns: Baker Mayfield (Oklahoma)
3. New York Jets*: Sam Darnold (USC)
7. Buffalo Bills**: Josh Allen (Wyoming)
10. Arizona Cardinals***: Josh Rosen (UCLA)
32. Baltimore Ravens****: Lamar Jackson (Louisville)
* The Jets acquired the third overall pick from the Colts by trading their first round pick (No. 6 overall), two second round picks (Nos. 37 and No. 49 overall), and a 2019 second round pick to Indianapolis.
** The Bills acquired the seventh overall pick (and the 255th overall pick) from the Buccaneers by trading their first round pick (No. 12 overall) and two second round picks (Nos. 53 and No. 56 overall) to Tampa Bay.
*** The Cardinals acquired the tenth overall pick from the Raiders by trading their first round pick (No. 15 overall), a third round pick (No. 79), and a fifth round pick (No. 152) to Oakland.
**** The Ravens acquired the last pick of the first round (and a fourth round pick (No. 132 overall)) from the Eagles by trading their second round pick (No. 52 overall), a fourth round pick (No. 125 overall), and a 2019 second round pick to Philadelphia.
Simple question on the morning after the first night of the 2018 NFL Draft for you, gentle football fanatic: Which of the five QBs drafted last night do you believe is most likely to find success in the NFL? Which one (or more) of them do you believe are destined to bust?