ESPN published its “99 NFL Players, Coaches, and Themes That Will Define 2018” this morning, and it featured the Texans-related angles you’d expect—that of whether J.J. Watt can make a successful return from his latest injury, whether Houston’s offense will operate at the same high level it did when Deshaun Watson was under center now that he’s back, and how big an impact Tyrann Mathieu will make on Houston’s secondary. No big surprises there.
It did get me thinking, however, about other Texans-related subjects. Specifically, what do you believe the key story lines are for the Texans as they look to rebound from a 4-12 record? A few that struck me immediately:
- Will the additions of Zach Fulton, Senio Kelemete, Seantrel Henderson, and Martinas Rankin substantially improve the Texans’ offensive line?
- Who will show he’s the best option for the team at left tackle?
- Will Kevin Johnson play like the guy the Texans thought he could be when they let A.J. Bouye walk in free agency?
- Can D’Onta Foreman really return to the form he showed as a rookie so quickly after suffering a torn Achilles?
- Is there a tight end on the current roster who can consistently impact Houston’s offense in a positive fashion?
Add the story lines that you believe should be at the top of the list in the Comments below. Even better, give your answers to each of them and/or the ones I posed.