This mock draft isn’t based on my grades or what I think “should” happen. This is a “what I’m hearing” mock draft, connecting teams and players based on buzz around the league.
So who does he have your Houston Texans acquiring in a few weeks? This class:
23. Houston Texans – Cody Ford, OT/G, Oklahoma
The Texans haven’t done enough this offseason to address their needs on the offensive line, almost backing themselves into a corner with this pick. But in this scenario, it works out with Ford available, giving them an immediate upgrade at either tackle or guard.
54. Houston Texans – Elgton Jenkins, OG, Mississippi State
55. Houston Texans – Isaiah Johnson, CB, Houston
A former wide receiver, Johnson’s footwork and route recognition are still in the development phase as a cornerback. However, his size (6-2), length (33 inches) and speed (4.40) are outstanding and teams are willing to bet on those skills as early as the second round.
86. Houston Texans – Devin Singletary, RB, Florida Atlantic
161. Houston Texans – Malik Carney, EDGE, North Carolina
195. Houston Texans – Byron Cowart, DL, Maryland
220. Houston Texans – Brett Rypien, QB, Boise State
How does that hypothetical 2019 draft class grab you?