Forbes released their annual “Most Valuable Sports Teams” rankings earlier this morning. Your Houston Texans managed to pull into the 20th overall spot on the list this year! This is better than the 22nd place ranking the team earned in 2019. In terms of NFL franchises, the Texans are the 9th most valuable.
The top 10 are as follows:
1. Dallas Cowboys: $5.5 billion
2. New England Patriots: $4.1 billion
3. New York Giants: $3.9 billion
4. LA Rams: $3.8 billion
5. San Francisco 49ers: $3.5 billion
6. Chicago Bears: $3.45 billion
7. Washington Football Team: $3.4 billion
8. New York Jets: $3.2 billion
9. Houston Texans: $3.1 billion
10. Philadelphia Eagles: $3.1 billion
The Texans value climbed to $3.1 billion in 2020, compared to the $2.8 billion dollar valuation in 2019. The rich just keep on getting richer. Bob and Janice McNair originally paid $600 million back in 1999. I’m no financial genius, but I know enough to know that’s a 416% overall ROI with an annualized return gain of 7.97%.
Would you have guessed higher or lower? Should we start buying merchandise like maniacs to improve our ranking? Let me know in the comments below.